UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Michael Jackson Dies - Tribute Thread

Pingu

A sad soul who wasn't allowed a childhood.

A talented artist/musician/dancer who will be missed.

A tormented person who most cannot ever understand, hopefully will now have peace.

An Icon who's life and now death will be picked over by the vultures.

Michael I wish you peace and will remember you with affection for your contribution to music and my life, may you now sleep easily.

Just awful RIP MJ :(

I grew up, as many have said, with his music as the backdrop to my youth. "Can you feel it" - will always remind me of the local fairground as this was always blasting out.

I remember we wrote in to Jim'll Fix It asking if we could go on with our version of the Thriller video :laugh: (We never got on needless to say, shame - could have been my big break :laugh: ).

Saw him in Cardiff on his BAD tour with Kim Wilde supporting - absolutely fantastic.

Quick edit - I am currently having a trip down the Jackson musical memory lane, really really outstanding music. So many songs you don't always think of straight away when asked what your favourite is. Such a terrible loss.

Edited by Ruby1Nic

• 2 weeks later...

I was a wreck the whole way through, when Mariah Carey couldn't look down at the coffin I started, and then started again when Jermaine (?) sang 'Smile', and little Paris finished me off - even my OH who doesn't 'do' emotions said he was wrecked.

I thought little 'whatsisname' from X Factor was awesome.