UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Michael Jackson Dies - Tribute Thread

Pingu

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8119951.stm

Pop star Michael Jackson has been taken to a Los Angeles medical centre, US media say.

Local broadcaster KABC has said the 50-year-old singer was taken by ambulance to the UCLA Medical Center.

The Los Angeles Times has reported he was not breathing when fire department paramedics arrived at his home.

The paramedics performed CPR and took him to the medical centre, the newspaper says. Officials would not confirm if the CPR was successful.

No further details were available.

The star was due to begin a series of comeback concerts with an appearance at London's O2 arena on 13 July.

He has a history of health problems and has not completed a concert tour in 12 years.

Michael Jackson's home is off Sunset Boulevard in Bel Air.

I'm absolutely gutted. I've been a lifelong fan, I had the experience of watching him perform when I was 8 years old and I'll never forget it. It was an outside concert in Germany and it was chucking it down with rain and I was whinging to my mum. There were thousands of people and they all thought he wouldn't come on because of the rain. Then the whole place fell silent, he came on stage and oh my, what a show. i remember it like it was yesterday and I've still got the original ticket and a Tshirt (that doesn't fit now!)

I've got every single one of his albums and I had tickets bought for my birthday to watch him in London and I'm jsut devastated. :mecry: He's an absolute legend and I'm so gutted for his kids x RIP Jacko!

I'm really sad and shocked. Michael Jackson was the first poster I ever had on my bedroom wall and his music has played a huge part of my life. He was a beautiful person very sadly messed up by a surreal life. His life has been tragic and his death at such a young age is tragic too. Yes there was controversy but I think we should remember that he was found innocent of all charges so perhaps some respect for him, his family, and those who are genuinely affected by his death would be appropriate?

R.I.P Jacko . I hope you find a peace now you never had when you were alive .

Love him or hate him you have to feel sorry for him and his family , he was obviously not what most people would class as normal .

The sad thing i think is we dont know what was the truth about him , yes he was a genius in the world of music but i also think he was a tortured soul who did not know where he belonged or even who he was and thats extremely sad .

He pulled some very stupid stunts , did some very stupid things in his lifetime even said stupid things but then who doesnt ?

Was he really a monster under the naive exterior ? Or was he a child in a mans body ? I have no idea but its not my place to judge him because i dont know but if these children were abused by him then i only hope the parents did what they saw as right by their children for the right reasons and for the good of their children .

Fiona xx