UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Grazed Feet, And Ideas?

Sarah B

Scooby has been in the wars recently - a couple of weeks ago he cracked his head open, then last week he ate a bee and had a huge allergic reaction, and now I have just noticed he has grazed his feet. He has matching grazes on both front feet just under the stop pad (the one on the 'wrist' - can't remember proper name for it) Have put some antiseptic on it but just wondering how he could have done it? He went to the park this morning but can't think of anywhere he could have caught himself. Also any tips on making sure they heal up quickly? I know agility dogs sometimes get this and wear protective cuffs or bandages but I don't want to cover the grazes up at themoment. Thanks in advance :)

Lady has grazed these pads before when running indoors chasing balls whilst at flyball sessions. With her it seemed to be when she chased a ball and then tried to stop quickly to pick it up she would graze the pads. They always healed up really quickly with no problem and I was careful about not throwing toys for her if the surface was likely to be a bit harsh (she has also done it on grass) and used the protectors when she was running indoors at flyball to protect the pads.

It's a common thing with pointys too :laugh: Nog is forever skinning his pads, I just use a bit of salty water to bath them and leave well alone, about the only thing other than that is to watch that they don't over lick the sore pad and make the area inflamed, it should heal up in a day or so on it's own.