UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Fugee Advice Needed

supafrisk

Always difficult looking at pictures.

However, at £10-£15 I think you would be selling yourself way too short. £6-£10 seems definitely too cheap - I would be suspicious it wasn't "real" silver to be honest!

I am seeing one of my friends on Tuesday who makes jewellery "for fun" - I'll see if she has any ideas on how you could cost these.

Emma, I would pay £20 for something like that. I love the sapphire one and wish it was pay day again or I would take that one from you. :rolleyes: Have you considered getting a stock together and doing the craft fairs? :unsure:

I used to have a clip in a similar style to the celtic knot necklet you have. At the time it cost £15 that was over 10 years ago. I think you are aiming your prices way too low. Though if you know the minimum you can sell for, set your prices much higher and see what the market can take!!

:flowers:

There seem to be various ways of pricing.

Theres one thats dead complicated and deals with rates per hour (including photographing, and all adminy stuff) + price of materials + other stuff

The other one I am aware of is, cost of all materials used x 3.

As you make it yourself, its very difficult for you to think it has much of a value, but it does.

You have already seen how much the mark up is of buying a chain retail.

BTW, your work is lovely, and deserves a higher value.

Blimey, you lot have really given me some ideas!!!

Right I think the best thing is for me to get some stock together first, and I need to source decent suppliers for my stones having already had problems with firing some. Then I can get going on some really nice one off stuff and hopefully we will get an auction by then and I can test the waters with one of those horses, a cross, a pair of earrings, maybe some fingerprint cufflinks or earrings. In fact, it should be fairly easy to take an impression of a animal's paw and turn it into a pendant.

The other thing I am working on is dog/cat bowls with paw prints on. I have been painting mugs with various slogans on at work (Mrs Ook had the dubious pleasure of drinking out of the "Professional B*llsh*tter" mug last week, whilst I opted for the "Sh*tstirrer of the week" mug) and I'm sure I could manage something similar with the rescue name on one side and a slogan or name on the other. So far we've got at work "Queen of Tarts, Biffo, Trigger, Professional Pain in The *rse, Grumpy G*t, Big Bad Dom, Speed Freak, Master Bates, Bad Girl, Know It All and Maxi's mug in varying colours.

Also, plates with "team fone a car breakfast club sponsored by" followed by a list of well known eateries :D

And last but not least, a plate with "Who ate all the pies?" on it :laugh:

Emma, when you are ready to sell stuff, you could try setting up a shop on Folksy and selling things there:

http://www.folksy.com/

I set up a shop for my greetings cards just over a month ago and have made a few sales. You might also get an idea of what other people are selling similar for if you take a look? I was thinking it would be more of a place for me to direct people to to buy cards than random people finding me on there and buying them, but I've made sales both ways :)