UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ideas Help Needed Please

Mrs Mop

One of my aunties will be 100 on 21st July and the nursing home is giving her a party. My aunt has everything she needs but I would love to give her a very special present. Does anyone have any ideas what to give someone who is 100 and has everything she needs.?

This is a favourite aunt, she has been really good to us and I am dreading the day she leaves us. She has already lost her daughter and grandson and only has my 2 brothers and I now.

Is she too frail to go out? My sister in law hired an old car (not a tatty car but old fashioned) and took her Mum on her 90 th birthday round the places she had lived as a child.

Otherwise the family photo is nice.

I did my Mum photos of all the family from the very earliest photos we had (from about 1920) until present day and put them in a big frame to hang on her bedroom wall. You can also get really nice photo albums made up on sites like Photobucket and you could use family photos.

:GroupHug: for you and your relatives.

Edited by Spins4me

I love the idea of a male stripper but this aunt was the snob of the family, she would pass out in shock but her 2 sisters, one my mother, a male stripper would be the best present ever. :laugh:

There are very few photos but I do have one of her and her late husband on their wedding day which I could frame for her. If I could get a nice frame that has places for 3 photos I could put one each of her daughter and grandson.

What about a photo imprinted on to a cushion she can either have on her bed or chair in her room - a family picture or a treasured pet maybe? Like the idea of the pashmina too - or a lovely throw to put over her knees.One of our residents celebrated her 100th yesterday,has been inundated with flowers and smellies,seems a shame the family couldn't have arranged to have the flowers delivered on a weekly basis rather than all at once as they won't last and she does love them so much.

I was also thinking of something of sentimental rather than finacial value - special to her / ever lasting - like the photos idea but perhaps including those of you she currently has not just those who have departed

Maybe also some kind of framed / nicely presented memorabilia / montage from the last 100 years of her life / history etc

Whatever you choose I'm sure she'll treasure it just because of the relationship you share :flowers:

Thanks everyone there are some good ideas here for me.

It is bad enough to loose your child before you but to loose your grandson as well, that must have really been hard for her. Both were the results of her daughter taking drugs when she was a teenager, it affected the grandson's health as well.