UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Happy Birthday George

Yantan

My special boy really does share his birthday with me - we truly are the Gemini twins :biggrin:

I first met him when he was 10 days old but didn't see him again until I went to collect him when he was 7 weeks old. His mother had decided a week earlier that she'd had enough of her pups and George's foster dad was struggling to look after them so the rescue asked would I take him a week earlier than planned.

I took him home and our 7 cats were not impressed. I think they all packed their bags at one time or another and threatened to leave home but slowly they came to accept him.

The photo below is George as a pup. His mum was a full Border Terrorist and his dad a mix of Lakeland and Bedlington terriers. Sadly George's mum went to the Bridge last year but Jess, his dad, is still going strong.

G.jpg

My poor lad hasn't had the best of health. I discovered when he was just a pup that he had a luxating patella which he has coped with with no real bother, I just pop it back for him as the vet showed me, but lately it's started going more and more and may need surgery. He is epileptic, has colitis and a dodgy shoulder and still I wouldn't swap him for 5 million pounds.

George is totally my dog, a more loyal and devoted friend would be hard to find.

So Happy Birthday Georgie Porgie, I love you more than life itself :wub: :wub:

Georgeheadshot.jpg

Playing with his little bro, Archie on holiday in Scotland

GeorgeandArchiewithastick.jpg

George is indeed a VERY special doglet :wub: :wub: :wub:

Happy Burpday mate

:partytime: :partytime:

Hoping your mum gives you lots of sossidges :wink:

He's having a fillet steak for his tea :wink: Well we all are :)

George would like to thank everyone for his birthday wishes and nice thoughts :flowers: He would have come on and said so himself but he's asleep out in the garden in the sun and plans on only coming in when his steak is ready. He's ordered it medium rare :biggrin: