UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Britain's Got Talent

ReikiAnge

I haven't watched the shows at all..but I have to agree with you Liz, you read a story about how badly someone has been treated, then next day there is another story by someone who knows them completely contradicting the first story! I think some parents will do anything and say anything to get their child their fifteen minutes of fame, sadly not always caring whether or not the child is affected badly by it. I will watch tonight...I've heard so much about Stavros Flatley I've just got to see them!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think that little girl should have been allowed a second go. Tantrum or not ( I thought it was by the way) none of the others get that chance so why should she? Sure it made great telly and got the show even more publicity around the world so they can sell the format to further countries (assuming they own it) but it wasn't fair on the other contestants. It is no longer about talent. I'm not sure I can be arsed watching the final.

I didn't think that little girl should have been allowed a second go. Tantrum or not ( I thought it was by the way) none of the others get that chance so why should she? Sure it made great telly and got the show even more publicity around the world so they can sell the format to further countries (assuming they own it) but it wasn't fair on the other contestants. It is no longer about talent. I'm not sure I can be arsed watching the final.

thats exactly i how i feel too, say one of the adults had had a mishap, could they stand there stamp their feet and demand a second go?? i don't think so. i said to my mum a couple of weeks back that i thought it was awful that the little children got told with the adults that they hadn't got through without their mum or dad with them, it is a lot of pressure and i don't fully understand why anybody would want to do that to their kids :unsure:

I didn't think she had a tantrum,I thought she looked devastated that she had forgotten her words and missed her chance. I can't bear Simon Arrogant Cowell but I thought he showed compassion to give her a chance. But still Stavros Flatley to win. :laugh: x

I don't think it was a tantrum, but I do think she is a little girl who has learned that tears and begging bring results.

She was so upset, and yet the tears suddenly switched off and she was ready to sing again. I would have thought that she would have needed time to recover before being able to sing.

When she was told that the producer said there was not enough time, she suddenly burst into full tears again, but again they stopped when Simon said they would find time.

While I agree that she was very brave to come on and sing again, I think it was wrong for that to be used a reason for the judges putting her through.

Did they think she would burst into tears again- probably- if they didn't put her through.

I loved Gregg the the first time, but not last night.

Aiden didn't do anything at all for me. I'm afraid.

I like the Stavros Flatley, as they are so different and seem to be having so much fun.

I still think Julian is the best performer so far.

I have read rather conflicting stories about this child; she is deeply unhappy and "bullied" at school, yet she is shown playing happily in the playground with her schoolfriends. Her mother says in one story that the other children bully Hollie because Hollie comes from a poorer family who struggle to send their daughter to this private school, etc etc - it all sounds rather attention-seeking to me, on the mother's part. And it's worked. Hollie's in the headlines everwhere. If her parents really believe she's being bullied, why "struggle to send her" to a school where she's being bullied?

In any case, why do we have to hear all these sob stories if the show is about talent? One kid has "autism" the papers say, Susan Boyle has learning difficulties, several of the children have been the target of bullying....others have hard lives of various sorts. If this were a show for the most deserving people, then it would be appropriate to mention all their problems. What's happening, in fact, is that we're in danger of making a "winner" out of someone who has simply accumulated most sympathy votes. I can't see how that is good for anyone's self-esteem in the long run.

I quite agree with everything you said - and even tho she seems to be doing quite well tonight the kids at school certainly won't forget Friday night!

Aiden was awful !! I thought him fairly mediocre to start with but he has got progressively worse,a one trick pony. I thought Holly was superb,she has a lovely pure voice. Stavros......well what can you say,they are sooo funny and I love them. :wub: :laugh: I missed Flawless because I forgot it was on. Shaun was good but he doesn't sem outstanding to me. Here comes Susan.x

I don't know if I'm one of the ones who's being accused of being bitchy, but let me just say that I feel nothing but sympathy for any nervous child encouraged on to a stage by pushy parents. That said, she is not the youngest child, or the most nervous (possibly) ever to appear on this show - the difference is that she burst into tears. How can you justify allowing one child the right to start again, over others who might have been just as nervous but who managed not to cry (which I personally find more heart-wrenching)? It simply isn't fair.

I have read rather conflicting stories about this child; she is deeply unhappy and "bullied" at school, yet she is shown playing happily in the playground with her schoolfriends. Her mother says in one story that the other children bully Hollie because Hollie comes from a poorer family who struggle to send their daughter to this private school, etc etc - it all sounds rather attention-seeking to me, on the mother's part. And it's worked. Hollie's in the headlines everwhere. If her parents really believe she's being bullied, why "struggle to send her" to a school where she's being bullied?

In any case, why do we have to hear all these sob stories if the show is about talent? One kid has "autism" the papers say, Susan Boyle has learning difficulties, several of the children have been the target of bullying....others have hard lives of various sorts. If this were a show for the most deserving people, then it would be appropriate to mention all their problems. What's happening, in fact, is that we're in danger of making a "winner" out of someone who has simply accumulated most sympathy votes. I can't see how that is good for anyone's self-esteem in the long run.

I hate to see a child cry. Let me make that clear. BUT...there are children who cry very easily - little girls, especially, are allowed in our culture, to get their own way by metaphorical foot-stamping and wailing, and I fail to see why there is one rule for Hollie and another for everyone else. Are we going to see a deluge of uncontrollable tears during future series of this show? I expect so.

If I'm wrong and Hollie really was as broken-hearted as she appeared to be last night, then her parents owe it to her to take off the pressure entirely and allow her a proper childhood. No child should be exposed to the kind of atmosphere where she ends up a trembling wreck.

Sorry, but i do believe this is a load of judgemental mealy mouthed unpleasant waffle....'he said, she said, i heard, i read'................ tabloid 'facts'......come on, who are you to accuse her mother of attention seeking and making aspertions regarding sending her child to school to make her suffer. :(

For heavens sake, what's with this over-moralising, over-inflated, sermonising, pompous essay about cultural values and metaphors!!!???

She's just a little girl who got scared, for heavens sakes!

That's it!

Have a heart.

I've just heard her sing. Voice of an Angel, a revelation.

Last nights emotion makes perfect sense now, her vulnerability IS her voice.

KRUSEWALKER ON DANISH LOGIN

Edited by DanishPastry

SB was good, and she reigned in her strange actions :unsure: Very very unsure about what the result will be :unsure:

And I wish everyone would stop talking about Holly, she's a sweet kid with a good voice but not an act that would garner crowds at a variety performance :unsure: