UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Britain's Got Talent

ReikiAnge

As i'm now stuck taking daughter to watch the live tour it will be interesting to see how the little girls nerves stand up to that, i thought Aidan was really good, but i shall be voting for Julian tonight, my daughter will be voting for Shaun :rolleyes:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh please don't make us listen to the squeaky whiney brat again. No one else gets another chance and she'll just get the message that if you cry you get your own way.

Hard hearted Tiks (wot hasn't liked anyone tonight :angry: )

Exactly my thoughts. I think the kids should be banned from the show. They are far too young to be put under pressure and in any case when they lose their cute kidsy appeal they will be dead in the water. How will they deal with that - feted for a brief while and then discarded. It's cruel.

In fact it's bad enough for the adults. I cannot believe how the crappy tabloids have tried chopping Susan Boyle down this week to the point that she packed her bags at one point to leave. I am voting - lots - for Subo tonight.

I didn't see a spoilt girl having a tantrum. I saw a very nervous girl, who realized she was making mistakes in her performance, which made her loose all confidence in herself for a moment, and beg for a second chance.

I do think it was right of them to allow her to go again, not so much for the competition, but for her confidence and sense of self esteem. Not the right place you might say, but I do feel that with someone that young you have to make allowances.

I am sure the judges realize that she cannot get the same second chance in tonights final, and that if she cracks up again, she is just too young/insecure for a life in the stage lights right now.. But they gave her the chance to see through her performance, and come out hopefully stronger. And as for them choosing her to go to the final... well, that other blokes performance last night was just not very good (in my opinion, Martin prefered him).

I don't understand peoples need to be so bitchy about it.

For me, the kid who danced yesterday (Aidan?) was BRILLIANT!! Wow, I say... classes better than George Sampson!

I didn't see a spoilt girl having a tantrum. I saw a very nervous girl, who realized she was making mistakes in her performance, which made her loose all confidence in herself for a moment, and beg for a second chance.

I agree with you. The youngster is 10 years old for heavens sake.

If they are going to let youngsters eenter the show (which, in my opinion is a mistake) then they have to accommodate them in any way they can.

To be honest, after watching the show last night, the only semblence of any sort of talent was put through to the final. Greg Pritchard, who I liked in the heats was very, very disappointing - so out of tune it was embarrassing to watch him.

my heart went out to little Holly. I think she has a very clear and sweet voice but you could see that she was wracked with nerves. I think it was right to let her have a second chance,she is only a child and it must have been very frightening when she forgot her words.

And I think I am the only one that thought Aiden was very average!! my grandkids can dance the same as that. He hardly moved and without the fancy illusions behind him I think he would have been very mediocre. He certainly didnt do anything for me at all. I wasn't really impressed by anyone last night. x

And I think I am the only one that thought Aiden was very average!! my grandkids can dance the same as that. He hardly moved and without the fancy illusions behind him I think he would have been very mediocre. He certainly didnt do anything for me at all. I wasn't really impressed by anyone last night. x

Nooooo, Aidan's fab! He hasn't had the other stuff going on behind him previously and he was still fantastic :)

:laugh: I will watch him and if I feel that I am wrong I will say so.....but I wasnt impressed the first time and I was less impressed the second time so don't hold your breath! :laugh: (and I had my glasses on :laugh: ).

Stavros Flatley to win, they are in it for fun and I think they are so funny ! x

Edited by ranirottie

I don't know if I'm one of the ones who's being accused of being bitchy, but let me just say that I feel nothing but sympathy for any nervous child encouraged on to a stage by pushy parents. That said, she is not the youngest child, or the most nervous (possibly) ever to appear on this show - the difference is that she burst into tears. How can you justify allowing one child the right to start again, over others who might have been just as nervous but who managed not to cry (which I personally find more heart-wrenching)? It simply isn't fair.

I have read rather conflicting stories about this child; she is deeply unhappy and "bullied" at school, yet she is shown playing happily in the playground with her schoolfriends. Her mother says in one story that the other children bully Hollie because Hollie comes from a poorer family who struggle to send their daughter to this private school, etc etc - it all sounds rather attention-seeking to me, on the mother's part. And it's worked. Hollie's in the headlines everwhere. If her parents really believe she's being bullied, why "struggle to send her" to a school where she's being bullied?

In any case, why do we have to hear all these sob stories if the show is about talent? One kid has "autism" the papers say, Susan Boyle has learning difficulties, several of the children have been the target of bullying....others have hard lives of various sorts. If this were a show for the most deserving people, then it would be appropriate to mention all their problems. What's happening, in fact, is that we're in danger of making a "winner" out of someone who has simply accumulated most sympathy votes. I can't see how that is good for anyone's self-esteem in the long run.

I hate to see a child cry. Let me make that clear. BUT...there are children who cry very easily - little girls, especially, are allowed in our culture, to get their own way by metaphorical foot-stamping and wailing, and I fail to see why there is one rule for Hollie and another for everyone else. Are we going to see a deluge of uncontrollable tears during future series of this show? I expect so.

If I'm wrong and Hollie really was as broken-hearted as she appeared to be last night, then her parents owe it to her to take off the pressure entirely and allow her a proper childhood. No child should be exposed to the kind of atmosphere where she ends up a trembling wreck.

No. I don't get it at all. It might take skill to do what he is doing (whatever it is cos it just looks like shaking about to me) but it doesn't entertain me at all.