UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Pics For Exhibition

Mags

Great photos Mags, thank you for sharing them - and good luck for tonight :flowers:

The last one is my son, Andy, walking along the canal which is just down the road from us. Not the most picturesque location but it's very peaceful.

It took ages to get the photo. I asked him to walk away from me slowly with his hands behind his back. He kept looking over his shoulder asking "Is this right Mammy?" :laugh:

Bless him :wub: :wub:

(I'm not making the Hovis Hill connection either :laugh: )

So glad my nag worked. :wink:

They are well worth seeing - lovely.

Must admit I do like the photo of Andy.

But there's something good about all of them - and their "differences" mean that you wouldn't pick them out as all being by the same person, which is good.

Nice!!! Who's side are you on!! :D I just imagined the lad with the satchel and the bike, I'll shut up now.

:laugh: :laugh:

Oh right. I get it now :laugh:

(I'm not making the Hovis Hill connection either :laugh: )

I'm still not either really

So glad my nag worked. :wink:

They are well worth seeing - lovely.

Must admit I do like the photo of Andy.

But there's something good about all of them - and their "differences" mean that you wouldn't pick them out as all being by the same person, which is good.

Thank you for nagging. It will encourage me to show more :flowers:

Each week in the class we were given a different assignment. The first week was landscape, then portraits, then macro, etc. It helped to bring out people's strenghts/interests. I loved the landscapes and macro. Funny you should say about the differences cos some people did say to me tonight that they didn't think the three photos were taken by the same person.

Wonderful photos.Think the one of Andy is absolutely stunning,love the way his hands are clasped behind his back,he looks very purposeful on his stroll by the canal :wub:

I have to admit the clasping of his hands was posed. I thought it would look lovely and my little model didnt let me down.

What a great night we had. It was just fantastic. Loads of people turned up including the local radio to do interviews and a photographer from the local newspaper. We all got such a buzz seeing our work being admired.

The first three photos shown above were displayed tonight. I didn't win anything for them but it didn't matter. Having people praise them was quite enough for me (although the girl who organised the class told me that she was extremely disappointed that Molly wasn't picked out). A woman in the class told me that she would really love to paint my landscape photo. What more can an amateur photographer ask for?

The exhibition is going to be left up until Saturday, maybe Sunday, so hopefully Mam will be able to come out to see them as she was raging that she was in hospital and missing it.

The "Walking in Laois" winner hasn't been announced yet so Andy is still in with a shot :wub:

I want to thank you all again for your lovely comments. It gives me great encouragement to keep on going :flowers:

Edited by Mags

Keeping my fingers crossed for 'Andy' then . :biggrin:

San, what style photos do you prefer, besides doggy ones. :laugh:

Is there any other style? :D

When I was going to my camera club I did do some, non dog ones. I even did some non animal (apart from human) ones :ohmy: :laugh:

If you want I will find them and put 'em on another fred.

When will you here about 'Andy pic' then Mags?

• 1 month later...

Andy wasn't picked :mecry:

It's not a magazine, it's a three-fold leaflet. There's five photos in it and they're not even accredited to anyone which I don't really agree with. The photography group wasn't even thanked for their contribution although there is a list on the back of people/groups thanking them for their contribution.

Ah well, it was fun trying.

I've entered my first landscape photo and Molly shown above and another landscape one into an amateur competition in America. Looking at the other submissions I haven't a hope :laugh: