UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

After They Are Gone..........

K9Fran

We brought Bonnie home today (after a bit of a thing with the receptionist as we hadn't gone in prepared to pay the nearly £300....... :( Dave had told me he'd sort it, so I thought he had a 'cunning plan' - turned to him and he had nothing! )

Anyway, she's now sitting on top of the book case, with her 'partner in crime' Harriet (aka Poobag).

I was going to print off some pictures of them both, but wondered what other's do? I don't like the idea of scattering them, and I don't want them out in the garden a) incase we move and b) it's cold and damp out there, and niether of them liked the cold and wet......... Silly I know.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We brought Bonnie home today (after a bit of a thing with the receptionist as we hadn't gone in prepared to pay the nearly £300....... :( Dave had told me he'd sort it, so I thought he had a 'cunning plan' - turned to him and he had nothing! )

Anyway, she's now sitting on top of the book case, with her 'partner in crime' Harriet (aka Poobag).

I was going to print off some pictures of them both, but wondered what other's do? I don't like the idea of scattering them, and I don't want them out in the garden a) incase we move and b) it's cold and damp out there, and niether of them liked the cold and wet......... Silly I know.

A friend of mine has a framed large photograph of each dog, the ashes and the dog's collar on a display cabinet. In fact she now has quite a few that the cabinet consists only of casks, collars and photos.

Bear's still sitting on the fireplace in the lounge - where we all spend most of our time - so that he doesn't get lonely :wub:

When he first died, I was determined that I was going to scatter his ashes at Cefn Sidan - his favourite beach - because I *needed* him to be free with the seagulls and not trapped in a box. However, I was in no fit state mentally to actually follow it through and now, a year down the line, I no longer feel as if I need to do anything with them. I quite like to have them here but I have no strong emotional attachment to them any more. I know in my heart that he's not in that box, he's by my side always but I always feel it strongest when we do go to Cefn Sidan :wub: His collar and lead are also hung from the end of the curtain pole as Flora quite likes to go and nudge it with her nose from time to time :wub:

Kevin cat's ashes are sat halfway up the stairs because that's where he always sat shrieking for yet more food :rolleyes: I feel differently about his ashes because he was an indoor cat and so the house was his favourite place. Anyone going up or down the stairs will speak to the box as if it *is* Kevin, but nobody talks to Bear's box - if we need to talk to him, we just do, wherever we are :flowers:

Huge :GroupHug: for you though. It's a tough day for you :flowers:

Edited by dirtychicken

Firstly I am sorry to hear that you had such a hefty bill to pay, not something you want to wrangle about when you go to collect your dear dogs ashes :sad02:

I am sure Eileen (SallyAnn on here) from Trailie Welfare won't mind me telling you about her special shelf where she keeps the ashes of all her beloved cats and dogs in beautiful wooden boxes with their photos above.

I thought it a lovely idea the first time I saw it. I have always scattered my pets' ashes but will follow Eileen's way in the future & obviously this is something you are contemplating anyway.

I know some people buy those special glass/crystal necklaces which hold some of the ashes so they always feel close to their pets.

Ailsa's ashes are on the top of my computer cupboard along with her collar and a few favourite photographs of her, for months after she died I used to take her up to bed with me. My family have been told that when I snuff it she is to be put in the coffin with me so we can go on together.

Terri

Tanzi is buried at my parents garden, Buster is in a casket in my bedroom and Smirnoff and Dougal are both in these http://www.poffins.co.uk/acatalog/Poffins_..._Frames_54.html Gorgeous photo frames from the lovely people at Poffins. They are slightly raised from the wall but take a 10 x 12 photo so each have a portrait in the frame and behind them are sealed the ashes. Noone knows that the ashes are there and I still remember them :wub:

Mine are in various parts of the house. I have been thinking lately I could do with finding one spot to put them all in as sadly I've got quite a collection. They are all in wooden boxes and the only adornment I have is Jake my JRT's collar sits on top of his. He hated having his collar taken off but the vets did and gave it back to me.

A friend of mine has a framed large photograph of each dog, the ashes and the dog's collar on a display cabinet. In fact she now has quite a few that the cabinet consists only of casks, collars and photos.

I have exactly the same. I hadn't known whether I wanted to scatter Stanley's ashes or not but they sent them back in a sealed casket so I didn't have a choice in the end. I think I would have kept them in the casket, which is very beautiful, anyway.

Gdog & Poppy's caskets are on the bookcase, in the corner where the sofa used to be. They used to spend a lot of quality time together on the sofa, so I like the idea of them being together there. Dolly and Bumpy's ashes are side by side under the table at the end of the sofa, next to what is now Sir H's bed, again as they used to like that bed.

Their collars are all in my bedside cabinet drawer and their tags from their collars are on my keyring :wink:

I've got lots of photo's of them all, on one wall, like a sort of gallery of them all :wub:

collars and caskets kept,

they will go with me when i go.

I put Bruce the border collie's ashes in with Lisa, have just brought Edwina bunny's ashes home

today and she will stay with me until my time comes, as will all of my lot

Katie & Lucie cats are together under the stairs, Teddy bear bunny will be joining them tonight

(so shift over girls ok)

I am sorry to hear about Bonnie but pleased she is home safe with you.

My lovely Roar should be coming home in a day or two. I think he his being cremated today. It is important that he is safe behind a cabinet door (as our dog Mona likes to interfere with everything). We decided yesterday that he might like to go beside his favourite bed. There is a cabinet by his bed. This cabinet was often the victim (or lucky recipient?) of his nighttime pizzink incidents. *I must interrupt this and announce that a rainbow has appeared out of the back window - I have just had a good wave at it* :wub: :wub:

As I was saying... thought he would like to go in that cabinet beside his bed so we went and bought an extra storey of cabinet yesterday. One side has a glass shelf in it and he can go in there (but he will have a mini duvet to lie on). The other side has a magazine shelf on it so that we can put some photos on it. His collar is not going in there as Spitty Gorilla is wearing it (his most favourite toy - he used to make it skwonk and carry it around whenever he was excited about something).

DSCF4783.jpg

:GroupHug: Not an easy day, collecting ashes, but a comforting feeling that they are back "home" I found :GroupHug:

I have exactly the same. I hadn't known whether I wanted to scatter Stanley's ashes or not but they sent them back in a sealed casket so I didn't have a choice in the end. I think I would have kept them in the casket, which is very beautiful, anyway.

I found the same with Sweetie, I chose the casket but hadn't thought that it would be sealed. Like you I decided I wanted to keep hold of them for a while and over two years on they are still sat in the fireplace in the sitting room. I put her collar on top of the box and I bought a really lovely tealight holder from Avebury which I light often. I also framed a photo of her and Rob on the beach, one of my favourite photos of her, and that sits in the fireplace too. I always intended to scatter her ashes but I'm certainly in no rush to do it and I'm not sure I ever will.

Zico's casket is in the windowsill of the lounge,with a favourite photo of him in a sweet frame and his last collar with all his ID tags on it beside.His ashes will be combined with mine when the time comes and scattered high up on my beloved Quantock Hills.