UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mal Not Well

BillyMalc

Billy, mine recently had a little of the Naturediet salmon and prawn (I know it sounds like a cat food but it's a dog food honest!) and it is really stinky - I rather liked the smell! - is it worth trying that one? Mine have the lamb one usually but we had to buy in a few packs locally when we were waiting for our next delivery and tried a few of the fish. It is lower in calories, which is why I don't usually feed it, but if it tempted him?

Yup, we've also got that variety in his rather large assortment of all things smelly and disgusting :sick01: :sick01: It's just because Mal really appeared to like the taste of chicken that I gave him the chicken varieties first. Also, I got him some pilchards, upon advice of one of my friends, and guess what: he only licked the tomato sauce off it and was not at all interested in the fish - much to Kiera's delight! :rolleyes:

Well, Mal has this afternoon taken delivery of a HUGE amount of all sorts of meat, thanks to the Star that is Melf Rumpole :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: I'm just thawing a chicken breast (I think that that's what it is? :unsure:) and I'll cook that for him and stick it in the liquidiser, also provided by the same star, to make some kind of sloppy concoction - see if I can tempt him with that :unsure:

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to make vile thing even worse Billy, but its best if things are raw, as you can lose some of the nutrients when you cook them and the cooking process reduces the water content. I know that's a particularly horrible thing to do to a vegan and I apologise for that.

Take a look at the following link, I don't know if that may be an option for you.

http://coldwetnose.blogspot.com/2009/01/jo...yond-grave.html

Sorry to make vile thing even worse Billy, but its best if things are raw, as you can lose some of the nutrients when you cook them and the cooking process reduces the water content. I know that's a particularly horrible thing to do to a vegan and I apologise for that.

Take a look at the following link, I don't know if that may be an option for you.

http://coldwetnose.blogspot.com/2009/01/jo...yond-grave.html

Well, it's Malcolm who decided that he wasn't gonna be vegan anymore, and who would I be to starve him in that case :unsure: :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link, I've had a look at it before - I've actually got a copy of the magazine next to my bed! - but what I'm struggling with is the comment that, along with the CV247, you'll have to rigidly stick to the diet, because on his own the stuff apparently doesn't do much. And I know for sure that, after all the "delicacies" (:sick01:) that he's had over the past week, Mal is just NOT going to have anything with carrot juice and greens in it :(

As for the previous post: I've been kindly informed that it is duck in fact and it has already been cooked. Shows you how vegan I am: I really haven't got a clue! I wish I didn't have to get clued up about these things tho, and definitely not under these circumstances :(

Edited by BillyMalc

Thanks Abigail, I'm sure this must have been so hard to write :GroupHug: Malcolm's poorly liver is very very likely a result from the lymphoma that was diagnosed with nearly 2 years ago - I've learned from one of the links that Ian posted, that he is likely in stage IV :( :mecry: I guess it's a bit of a rock and a hard place thing, because while his liver might like low fat, cancer doesn't appear to like fat at all, so what on earth do you do with a cancerous liver??

That is just what we thought on Friday when we found out it was cancer. We had been feeding him low fat thinking he had a liver problem and we thought it was working as his results kept getting better and he kept putting his weight back on.

:GroupHug: I read that lymphoma stuff too, when they found an enlarged mass on the ultrasound that they thought was a lymph node.

I'm so sorry. I know it is really hard not knowing, especially when it is your best mate :GroupHug:

Sod it, I've sent the link to my vet's and asked her to have a look and see how she can order it for him. If the worst that can happen is that he doesn't like the diet, then we've not lost anything.

Abigail :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Billy, have you seen this post: http://petswithcancertryingcv247.blogspot.com? Someone has very sadly lost their dog :( but they are offering some of the CV247 free of charge to another owner - it says to email Beverley at Dogs Today at [email protected]. I guess she'll have various requests, but worth trying? :flowers:

If you would like me to put you in touch with one of the other owners trying CV247, PM me with your email address, I'm sure she'd be happy to chat.

Billy, have you seen this post: http://petswithcancertryingcv247.blogspot.com? Someone has very sadly lost their dog :( but they are offering some of the CV247 free of charge to another owner - it says to email Beverley at Dogs Today at [email protected]. I guess she'll have various requests, but worth trying? :flowers:

If you would like me to put you in touch with one of the other owners trying CV247, PM me with your email address, I'm sure she'd be happy to chat.

Thanks Ange, just mailed Beverley.

Last night, just before we went out for 'last walkies', Mal's legs just disappeared underneath him and he ended up sprawled on the floor :( Didn't seem to bother him as much as it did me tho ... At 3.30 he wanted a cuddle, so we cuddled for nearly half an hour - he's never asked for that before, and definitely not at that time of night!

We'll be off again in a mo - fortunately 2 more days and then I'll have 7 days off. If ever I've timed things right ....

Last night, just before we went out for 'last walkies', Mal's legs just disappeared underneath him and he ended up sprawled on the floor :( Didn't seem to bother him as much as it did me tho ... At 3.30 he wanted a cuddle, so we cuddled for nearly half an hour - he's never asked for that before, and definitely not at that time of night!

This happened with Sooty too and if he's following the same sort of path as she did it will probably happen again. She was also less bothered by it than we were, (though the first time she seemed to be thinking WTF was that?) and she learned to manage them herself, by stopping (for what seemed, at first, no reason) resting for a few minutes, then carrying on. I know you're not keen on homeopathic remedies but one that Sooty's homeopath prescribed really helped to reduce these episodes, so if they continue you may wish to take that path.

As to the cuddle, Muriel believes that we can all give Reiki, so maybe Mal was drawing strength from you without you even realising it.

:GroupHug: Sending everything positive possible your way.

We'll be off again in a mo - fortunately 2 more days and then I'll have 7 days off. If ever I've timed things right ....

Sending more :GroupHug: :GroupHug: for you all, Billy. I like the idea that Mal was drawing strength from you and that you just went with it without question :wub: :flowers:

How great that you have holiday booked :flowers: If nothing else, being able to watch him constantly will make you feel better :GroupHug:

As to the cuddle, Muriel believes that we can all give Reiki, so maybe Mal was drawing strength from you without you even realising it.

I believe anyone is able to give healing, I recommended the hands-on-healing book because I think it can help give others the confidence to believe it too :flowers:

I believe anyone is able to give healing, I recommended the hands-on-healing book because I think it can help give others the confidence to believe it too :flowers:

I think you are probably right, Ange and Muriel thinks the same way you do. We have had many companion animals in the 30 years we have been together and most have favoured Martin more than me. Except when they were ill, when the only one they wanted was their mum. It was actually quite useful, because we got to know that when they wanted me all the time, they were likely to be unwell even if not showing any obvious symptoms, so we knew we had to keep a close eye.

It was only when I got to know Muriel that my eyes were opened to the possibility that they might be getting something from me that I wasn't even aware of.