UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Port Meirion

fee4

OH had a special birthday-so we stayed in Port meirion for 3 days to celebrate in style (place the Prisoner was filmed)

It was FANTASTIC

we stayed in the Peacock suite over looking the bay..as guests the Village is open to you earlier/later then the public.

it was the most amazing place...fab walks through the woods, excellent staff, beauty everywhere. Great food...and the chance of have a beer in front of an enormous open fire over looking the bay (no big white balloons!!)

the grounds are superb...with things to find everywhee-odd seats, statues, rivers & terraces....

yesterday morning i sat next to the open window watching the wading birds on the shore...all i could hear was the sea and the rope on a welsh dragon flag moving in the breeze...

i can honestly say-if you are looking for somewhere a bit special-this takes some beating

Fee

There are a couple of cottages you can have dogs stay in. We stayed with Sully a few years ago. We picked Mermaid (I think) because it had virtually step free access so it was best for him, but it was a bit exposed, because it's slap bang in the middle of the garden. We had tourists just open the door and wander in a couple of times (until we learned to keep the door locked!) and caught a few people peering through the windows, which was all a bit off putting. But 'after hours' it was lovely, and we had a fantastic weekend.