UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Zooplus - And Their Courier

BillyMalc

Last week I ordered a couple of dog games on zooplus. I got an email confirmation that the order had been despatched and it should be delivered by a courier called GLS. Now since ordering, I've googled GLS and have read the most awful reviews about their customer service: parcels going missing, late deliveries, not being able to find parcels that had been waiting in their warehouse forever etc. However, these reviews were from 2008, so maybe they have cleaned up their act. However, in the confirmation email it also says that, if I've not received my parcel within 7 working days, I should contact their (Zooplus) customer services - would that indicate that they are aware that there might be trouble with this courier? Their customer service telephone line is only open 8-4, which are exactly my working hours, which makes it quite hard to call them as well.

I'm never at home during normal delivery hours, but my neighbours are always happy to accept parcels on my behalf.

Have other people got experiences, good or bad, with Zooplus deliveries? Just wondering whether I can just chill and wait patiently for my parcel or should start calling straight away at 8 tomorrow morning and prepare for an upcoming saga? :unsure:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Email them Billy rather than try to phone if your item hasn't turned up, you can do it via the website - as there has been a bank holiday allow an extra day.

I have ordered a couple of items off zooplus and they have turned up totally broken then taken about 4 months to replace and would never use them again :(

Last year I ordered stuff from zooplus and later got an email from them asking me to rate the condition of the package when they arrived. They were obviously 'onto' the issue so hopefully it is sorted now. Not sure who the courier was then and if it has changed.

Thanks :flowers: I guess I'll have to hang in there till after the weekend then :unsure: Your experience was exactly like the reviews I read, Marian, that's why I'm a bit worried. I've also seen the message underneath the order confirmation, asking if I can let them know whether my parcel arrived in good condition, reasonable condition or completely unusable, and they're claiming that damage during transit of big, heavy parcels can't be helped! :unsure: Fortunately my parcel is neither that big nor heavy, but it seems odd that a vendor would make a statement like that on their order confirmation.

I've just had a few bad experiences with couriers, but unfortunately dog games etc can only be bought online as it seems :unsure: :(

Billy, I saw some of the Nina Wotshername toys in Jollyes today so if you do have any problems and end up cancelling etc, let me know and I could get them and post them to you :flowers:

Heyyyyy, we have a Jollyes here too! :) :) So IF this all goes belly up I might be able to order them through them here! Nice one, Wendbert! But, should that appear not to be a possibility I'll gladly take you up on your offer, thanks! :flowers:

The parcels always get here with GLS, quite quickly too - we've complained in the past about their condition, but this time they arrived well packaged.

The couple that were sent DHL never arrived (same as other stuff with DHL)

Edited by kats n greys

i too bought a cat tower from zooplus at a very good bargain price, i did wait a bit for the parcel to arrive and as i am very impatient i emailed them and they did explain that my parcel was being despatched from the netherlands or somewhere, it did arrive within a week - 10 days. email them and let them know it hasn't arrived yet

I've just had a few bad experiences with couriers, but unfortunately dog games etc can only be bought online as it seems :unsure: :(

Hopefully your order will turn up fine - but just in case - and I don't know how the prices compare - but Canine Concepts sells the Nina Ottosson dog games and I've ordered from them quite a few times in the past without problem :) Plus the OC has an affiliate scheme with them :)

(Crosskeys training also sells a few and we have an affiliate with them too).

My order with Zooplus didn't even get as far as despatch as I ordered a load of Naturediet from them when it was reduced, waited days and then had an email saying they couldn't fulfill the order :rolleyes: I haven't bothered with them again.

I order from Zooplus a lot, and sorry to say they're delivery has gotten pretty carp, I used to get stuff in about 3 days, now it takes the full 7 days, I've used both the couriers and they are just as bad as each other. I've also had the, order can't be fulfilled, thing, very annoying.