UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Flyball Brags

gooster

New brag to add to this.

We went to out first indoor competition yesterday and Kimba was running as apprentice for one of our teams. He has had a lot of problems with running out of netting since being got a couple of times by other dogs at competitions so I was really proud of him when he ran in the warm ups all day without netting in a really noisy hall and did great, no running out and really quick for him. Hopefully now he will be able to run in a proper team and have lots mire fun :wub:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Kimba :biggrin: :biggrin: , I think it is very impressive how well dogs run in indoor competitions when it is so noisy.

I will add my own brag, we got Annies 200 point certificate on Saturday and she also got to 1000 and that was in the blue lane which is her bad one :biggrin: :biggrin:

Edited by Anniegirl

Fab news Anniegirl. I can't wait to get Kimba's first certificate.

Another new brag, we were in Anglesey yesterday for the starters competition and we won it. Kimba was a star, absolutely spot on every time and really raring to go. We managed to do some timing at the end of the day and he was timed at 5.8s which I am really pleased with cos he was 6.5s outside at the end of summer so something has really clicked with him I think.

• 1 month later...

No new brags from anyone else???

Kimba was a star again yesterday (after a brief brain fade at the beginning of the day when he showed he had forgotten how to do flyball after a month off over Christmas!!). We ran a team of dogs that don't normally run together in Div 2 at Sheffield, the seed time for the team enetered was about 1.5s faster than we could possibly run and we still managed to come 3rd in the division through consistently reliable runs, very few bad crossovers and very few fumbles from the dogs.

Great time was had by all of us and we came away really pleased with the dogs.

Kimba has defo got the hang of the whole flyball thing now and was barking all the time in the ring and bouncing like a loon (great fun with a 7 stone dog!!)

Well done to Gooster too cos her 2 dogs ran fab too and we couldn't have got anywhere without speedy goose and super ted!!

P.S. very disappointed with Anniegirl for coming to the show but failing to bring Pumpkin for cuddles. Try harder next time :D

Edited by Kimbas_mum

Kimba did really well yesterday - although it's great fun for us when we line up ready to race, as someone tries their best to wind up Kimba and get him excited :whistle:

I've got a week off from it now, as I'm working next Saturday :rolleyes: However, Katherine gets the delights of running Ed in competition at Anglesey next weekend :biggrin:

Can't imagine who would be trying to wind Kimba up - JAYNE :mad:

You need to realize that if I get broken by Kimba you will have to drive to all the shows and run Kimba for me!!!

I'm really looking forward to running Super Ted though, he is so much fun and loads easier than the big beast!!!

• 4 months later...

I hope I can add this!

Poppy and her partner won the ABC pairs tournament at Sutton Fields! :biggrin:

Jet joined Doncasters starter team and they came 1st - she proved herself and now she is going to move into our second team!

I was so pleased with both of them!

We run with Leeds 'Owlers (we have just moved there since about February time from a different team that didn't compete much.)

Poppy runs with Barney 'Owlers as 5th dog, just getting her used to her team mates.

Jet runs in Barking 'Owlers :)

We were racing you when you went sub-18! Huge well done! We very nearly got there on the same race 18.02!

We run with Leeds 'Owlers (we have just moved there since about February time from a different team that didn't compete much.)

Poppy runs with Barney 'Owlers as 5th dog, just getting her used to her team mates.

Jet runs in Barking 'Owlers :)

We were racing you when you went sub-18! Huge well done! We very nearly got there on the same race 18.02!

Cool, I've been racking my brains trying to remember who we were racing when we went sub 18 :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had a fantastic day at frimley on sunday despite the rain and glastonbury style mud! The Harriers won div 2, beating every single team, and the hounds won div 6 losing only one race. I'm particularly proud as it was murphy spaniels first open competition and he didn't put a paw wrong, hes not the fastest but hes very reliable, despite not being used to running full height and running into a dog he knows is very temperamental but has never run into before. ITs taken about 2 years to get him there and i really thought we would never do flyball as he used to chase the other team, drop the ball, go for a sniff etc - basically anything but flyball! :biggrin: