UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ashes To Ashes Series 2

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and I am going to be singing Mirror Man for days now :laugh:

from some reason I am convinced Sam Tyler is going to reappear, I know its mad and there is no reason he would/could but keep thinking he will

when they spoke to the stripper and she said she was from Hyde I started shouting at Mark that it was a sign Sam was coming back , Mark looked at me like it was a sign I had been out in the sun for too long

anyway regardless of all that I think its fab

Watched it last night :biggrin: but have never watched it before so could you please explain why she is in the past :flowers:

Well, now, just hang your disbelief at the door, and listen up, Alex has been shot in real life (she is a proper copper) and in the tiny crack between life and death she's been shunted back into the 80's (as you do), thing is, is it all in her mind, or isn't it ? The series follows on from Life on Mars where the same thing happened to Sam Tyler (except he was a bloke, had been run over and ended up in the 70's) I think you can catch up with it on You Tube, you haven't seen half of how funny this can be, some of the Gene'isms are priceless.

Watched it last night :biggrin: but have never watched it before so could you please explain why she is in the past :flowers:

Oooh, Vonny - but we don't know if she is in the past or not :biggrin:

In current times as a police officer she was shot in the head by a baddie. When she 'came to' she was in 1982. Now this was not too strange for her as she had previously investigated the case of Sam Tyler (the main character in the previous series - Life on Mars - which was about Sam Tyler being transported back to the 1970s).

Alex spent series one of Ashes to Ashes convinced she could 'get back' to current times if she could work out a puzzle - but this was not to be. I believe that around six months are supposed to have passed since the end of series one but did you see the nurses at the very start of the programme? Something came on the TV (or radio) which said that a missing policewoman had been found after 24 hours.

So - has Alex been missing just 24 hours and is perhaps dreaming the life in 1982, or has she really gone back to 1982 as a result of the accident?

Hope that helps a bit, without giving too much away :flowers:

Incidentally - if there are people that have never seen Life on Mars, I would recommend they get both series on DVD immediately as it is, without doubt, the best thing I have ever seen on telly :biggrin:

Ooops, I got carried away waffling and Celeste has beaten me to it in the meantime :laughingsmiley: