UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Toby - Friendly Bearded Collie

Fee

toby_oc.jpg Toby is a gorgeous 10 year old Bearded Collie boy who came into Oldies Club care due to a change in his owner’s circumstances. He is now in an Oldies Club foster home in Newcastle upon Tyne, waiting for the offer of a permanent home.

tobyoc1.jpg

Toby is getting on very well in his foster home. His foster carer tells us:

He loves being out and about and will swim at every opportunity! He is great on or off the lead and behaves excellently around other dogs. Toby loves his food and will eat anything that is edible and not tied down! He has shown no aggression whatsoever towards either people or other animals (except having a crafty grab at one of our cockatiels that was flying by, but that was purely by instinct rather than malice).

My son and daughters have had great fun playing fetch with him; he is like a puppy when he is playing. He likes to sleep either next to the front door or in the bathroom (both are tiled surfaces so he may just like the coolness, I guess).

tobyoc2.jpg

Toby’s previous owner told us that he has lived with a cat, so he should be fine with cats, given careful introductions. Judging by the cockatiel incident, he would not be suitable for a home where he needed to be in the same room as freeflying birds.

tobyoc3.jpg

Toby has been vet checked since coming into our care and he is neutered, vaccinated, microchipped and flea and worm treated. He has a small fatty lump on his chest but the vet said it looks fine and should not be an issue, just to keep an eye on it. He has a touch of arthritis in his front right paw which the vet also said is nothing to be alarmed about and quite normal for a dog

of his age.

————————————————–

If you are interested in Toby, please refer to our Adoption Procedures for information about the adoption process. You can then contact an Oldies Club rehoming co-ordinator as follows:

Email: [email protected]

Telephone: 0844 586 8656

Toby can be rehomed anywhere in the UK, subject to a satisfactory home visit, but note that you will be required to travel to the foster home to meet him.

The youngest child in his foster home is about 9, but he's great with the children there.

He's such a placid, good natured lad I don't think he'd be a problem with younger children so long as they treated him sensibly :)

Hi there he looks beautiful. Has he been left for any period of time. We are looking to rehome an older dog however we work full time but can return home at lunch and of course my son is back early afternoon and in during the holidays.

The best thing would be to give us a call on 08445 868656 for a chat about him :flowers:

The best thing would be to give us a call on 08445 868656 for a chat about him :flowers:

Hi there I called yesterday about Toby but understand his potential new owners have been home checked. So he will have a new home soon. Thats great. It must be awful parting with any foster dog.

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly poor Toby went off to a new home on Saturday evening, but his owners decided on Sunday morning that they couldn't keep him :mecry:

It was through no fault of Toby's, he didn't put a foot wrong. He's a gorgeous, affectionate, easy-going dog who will be the perfect companion for some lucky person.

He went straight back to his foster home on Sunday morning. He's fine - none the worse for his little one-night holiday, and his foster family were very pleased to have him there for a bit longer :biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...