UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Begley's Teeth

sproggie14

Begley has been very affectionate the last few days. We didn't think much of it, he goes through stages when he's not bothered and others when he's soppy. But tonight he's been really clingy, cuddled up to one or other of us on the sofa. We just had a feeling something wasn't quite right so we gave him a check over and he seems to have lost a top tooth at the front. A bottom one is wobbly and I'm not sure if a couple of others might be broken as they stop a bit abruptly. I can't think for the life of me what could have done this :( We're not aware of him having bashed his face and there's no obvious disease in his mouth which could be making his teeth fall out.

I don't know what I'm after really, I'm just being clucky Mum. It obviously doesn't warrant emergency vet so it'll be tomorrow evening before we can get him an appointment. He must be sore for it to be affecting his behaviour and he's my special boy so I'm all wibbly and silly. I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts or insight into what might have caused this I guess.

He's not really into balls but he does have a terrible habit of chewing wood (he likes to lay by my dressing table at night and eat the round wooden handles on the drawers) :rolleyes: Funny enough the other night I was putting the chair in front of the drawers to stop him and as he moved he knocked his face on it so maybe that has something to do with it :unsure:

Anyway he has been to the vets today and she agrees that his teeth could be making him a bit unhappy. As well as his wobbly front tooth he has a fair bit of tartar on his back teeth so he's going in for a dental tomorrow. They will also have a look at his ear while he's under. He has a recurring issue with his right ear which has been playing up recently but he won't let the vets anywhere near it to see what's going on.

It's not great timing cos it's my Grandpa's funeral Thursday too so I'm a total wibbly mess now :rolleyes:

Please keep him in your thoughts tomorrow :flowers:

Begley is AOK and we're picking him up shortly :) He has had 5 teeth removed altogether including a couple which had some infection in the root. Which explains why he was feeling rotten poor baby :( So he has a week's antibiotics and some drops for his ear, which wasn't too bad but had a little goo in the very bottom.

Phew :)