UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sponsored Walk

sundaygirl

Can everyone keep fingers and paws crossed for dry (ish) weather on Saturday.

My 13 year old son is doing a sponsored walk for the OC through the local woods :) The plan is for him to walk the 3 woodland trails and it will take him around 3 hours in total and he is really looking forward to it. As we dont have a big family (and i wont let him go round doors collecting sponsorship) this was never going to raise a fortune, but as it was all his own idea i wanted to encourage him....he was hoping to raise about £50 in whiskey's memory but its looking like it will be around the £70 mark and he is chuffed to bits... :)

So can you join one very proud Mum in praying that the blizzards are over so he does not return looking like a snowman :laugh:

Fingers crossed that Ryan has good weather!

He's been featured on our Events page on the Oldies Club website :)

We have both just seen it..and he was very surprised :laugh:

Aww bless him thats brilliant :biggrin: If he needs any sponsor forms let us know.

I'll sponsor him £5

:) Ryan says thank you...

We are ok for sponsor forms, Debbie e-mailed a copy to me, thanks :)

:) Well he did it , but no amount of wishing for good weather stopped us from having a heavy snow fall this week, which luckily did stay off today...

With the £5 each pledged on this thread from Amy and Fiona (thanks ladies :) ) he has managed to raise £104...which will be posted to OC as soon as the money is all collected along with the forms :) :) He is thrilled with the money he raised and i think he has every right to be.

Just a couple of pics of Ryan on the walk itself and i couldnt resist one of Gem showing exactly why she is a "Springer" :laugh: :laugh:

000_1541.jpg

000_1550.jpg

000_1544.jpg

Aww well done Ryan!!!

I love Gems photo lol

Do you want me to send the sponsor money up to you or straight to Oldies Club?

Just send it straight to the OC Amy and thanks again. :)

Well done Ryan - lovely pictures. I have sponsored him too so his total just went up by £10

Thank you for thinking of us :flowers:

Wow...thank you...that just got a cheer this end from Ryan :laugh: It might have got a "woof" from Gem as well but she is zonked after her deer and squirrell patrol :D