UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Marina Kennels - Huddersfield

Nettie

Does anyone know these kennels, I understand they are also a rescue. I've received a crossposted email requesting help, trying to find out more. They need help with 35 dogs.

This is the email I received:

This is very brief, we are facing a crisis. The Marina kennels pound in Huddersfield will close down permenantly on 20th February 2009. There are 35 dogs needing to be taken out to save their lives. A lot of extremely nice dogs, a lot of lovely freindly staffies, some beautiful big dogs - there is no-where for them.

I have taken 4 dogs out this week but so many more to save

This is an extra-ordinary appeal for help - please phone me 07711 617148 if you can foster a dog, I will know almost nothing about it apart from it will have nice temperament but it may be sick with kennel cough (antibiotics provided) suffer anxiety, housetraining problems until it settles and generally not be straightforward. If you offer to help I will have no alternative should you decide you cannot cope with it's problems. Therefore please don't take a dog lightly then try to give it back to me in a couple of days I will have where for it to go.

Whether or not you can foster I want each of you ask 10 people to know to help me - I want each of you to put adverts and posters up - I want you to help because we cannot cope doing this alone. I especially want anyone can cope with nice staffy dog or bitch.

also please help me find homes for the dogs we have in foster - that will free up existing fosters to help me save the Marina dogs. the dogs we have are described on our website

THANK U X

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep it's a local stray kennels. hope the dogs can be saved, i guess it means less 7 day spaces for the strays in the area and more pressure on the other stray kennels. wonder what the council will do, all the other stray kennels in the area are bursting at the seams at the moment. have to agree with mrs mop tho, the conditions there were the worst of the pounds in the area last time i went.

edited just to say yes they do, or at least did used to do boarding too but it's not the kind of place i'd ever choose to leave a dog

Edited by gremlin22

I recently heard that the pound dogs were in kennels that had no heating, no electricity and no bedding as there was no facilities for washing/drying it.

When I have been in there the dogs had plastic beds but no bedding in them. It is a couple of years since I was in though.

I used to do transport runs for HWAR from Marina. I don't know if they still work with them though.

It is/was the grimest kennels I've ever seen. There is a layby about 5 mins away from them, where I used to end up parking up to cry. I can't say I am sorry to see it closing.