UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Keyhole Spay

Gog Magog

From what I have read ( I read a lot about spays ) Keyhole in animals is normally via a tiny hole however if it can be necessary to open the wound as far as a normal spay wound for various reasons during the surgey

it's not just the size hole that makes it keyhole surgery its all the equipment ( cameras and tellys and stuff ) as well as the spay equipment and training of staff involved

worlds apart from how Dogstar do it :laugh: oooh and did you know according to all our vets one ovary is always easier to get out than the other :wacko:

full of useless facts me

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably have the wrong end of the stick, as keyhole surgery in humans literally is just a tiny hole, through which the instruments are used. With a longer scar on her tummy, I couldn't understand how that can be keyhole, as it looks like the same type of scars that my girls had, from normal spays. There is a type of self dissolving suturing that is placed under the top layer of skin, so you can't see any stitches, and they won't need removing. I thought maybe that was was she had had, but keyhole spays must be different to keyhole surgery in humans! ... I wasn't trying to be awkward on purpose :flowers:

No it's fine really, I didn't take it as awkwardness :) .

Your comments prompted a response from me but I don't really have one as I'm not a Vet and don't know the ins and outs - so to speak! At first I thought I won't reply as maybe your comments were just 'musings' as such, then I wondered if you might wonder why I hadn't replied.....and so it goes on :laugh:

So this is in full and final settlement of any further replies from me on this matter as I cannot add anything further :wacko: :)