UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Camping Weekend?

ranirottie

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amy and I had a great time, it was wonderful to see some old friends and meet so many new people :flowers:

Huge thanks to Amy and Lindsey for all their work organising everything :flowers: :flowers:

Toastie had a cramp attack yesterday, another this morning, and a 3rd on a comfort break on the way home, hopefully it is the hot weather causing the problem..... will have to get some of that sulphur stuff for their water

Georgina - greyhounds are very prone to cramp, and tinned tomatoes and bananas are supposed to help as they are high in potassium, so might be worth a try for Toastie?

Thanks Fee - Toastie not a greyhound (far from it!!!) but as I have some overripe bananas that were hiding in the caravan will give him some rather than letting the chickens have them!!

I have a food intolerance to tomatoes - v unpleasant side effects - so will give that a miss unless the bananas and sulphur don't help in which case will get rubber gloves and dole some out for him.

We are home. We both had a lovely sleep.

After having a stressful start camping, when Sally was unsettled, she became a lot calmer.

Many thanks to everyone who offered advice and support.

I learnt such a lot. Its tremendous being away with doggy lovers.I loved meeting everyone.

I loved meeting everyone, old and new.

Thanks Fee - sorry, I know you know he isn't!!! Not very well phrased by me there - blame the sleepless night worrying about him after the 4 did a bin raid and I found him eating melon pips! Found the manky bananas and will try to get him to eat some in a bit.

aha - will feed him worms and see if they come out the other end dead!!!!

Was more worried in case they contained something that might trigger a fit...... wasn't bothered about the Thugs and the remains of the s&s chicken with all the pineapple bits!

Apparently I am going to be reported to the RSPCA for trying to force feed an elderly gentleman banana!!! Have given up in case he gets stressed out. All the boys have refused it but China has eaten it. I will try a bit more in Toastie's brekkie (mixed in with the Epitaur capsule and the fructose he is already on)..... hmm, wonder if maybe I mashed it with a bit of the fructose he might take it? If not I'll get some tinned tomatoes and try them.

What a brilliant weekend! Even though we were only a day trippers yesterday, we had a great time. I took Pixie, Alfie and Ronnie up there for the afternoon then went home and went back for the BBQ with just Alfie. Pixie and Ronnie were shattered and I've hardly had a peep out of them today.

Alfie was good as gold (for a change) and looked really relaxed at the BBQ. I'm really proud of him and he seemed to really enjoy all the goings-on.

Huge thanks to Lyndsey, as Regional Co-ordinator for the area, for all of her hard work in the organising of the weekend, including the running of the agility and supply of the equipment, and the organising of the Bring and Buy Sale. Thank you also to everyone who took items for the Sale and to Georgina for the sale of her chooky eggs.

From the Bring and Buy Sale and Agility alone, we raised £118.86 which is a fantastic amount of money and everyone is absolutely delighted!!

:circle:

I just wanted to add our thanks to everybody who organised it and to everybody who came for the fantastic company :flowers:

Apologies to all the big dogs that Hugo tried to savage, I tried to warn you :blush: :rolleyes:

We had an absolutely wonderful weekend and can't wait for the next one! :biggrin: