UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Benji - Our New Oldie Visitor

Fee

Sadly since he's been here we've had rather a roller-coaster of health issues with Benji. Shortly after arriving he developed a horrible cough, which was originally suspected to be kennel cough but just hasn't improved after nearly 10 weeks. The vet is still investigating, but having ruled out many obvious causes of persistent coughing there is a real worry now that this might be a symptom of something more serious. He has also had several seizures since he's been here. Again, the cause of these is still under investigation :mecry:

In view of these uncertainties we have taken the decision not to rehome him, and Benji will be staying here as a permanent sponsor dog.

Benji himself is in no discomfort and is completely unaware there is anything wrong with him. His sight and hearing are both quite poor, but he doesn't let that hold him back one bit. He's a cheerful, busy, active little dog who lives life to the full. He's slotted in beautifully with our other dogs, and loves food, walks, cuddles and toys in roughly that order :laugh:

I'm just hoping now that we can get to the bottom of what's wrong and any treatment that he might need, and can keep him fit and well and enjoying life for a good long time. I have my sights set on our trip to Dumpledale/Four Acres in April, and am going to make sure he has a wonderful holiday and a chance to run on the beach, which I'm sure he will love :wub:

BenjiSnow.jpg

Edited by Fee

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly since he's been here we've had rather a roller-coaster of health issues with Benji. Shortly after arriving he developed a horrible cough, which was originally suspected to be kennel cough but just hasn't improved after nearly 10 weeks. The vet is still investigating, but having ruled out many obvious causes of persistent coughing there is a real worry now that this might be a symptom of something more serious. He has also had several seizures since he's been here. Again, the cause of these is still under investigation :mecry:

In view of these uncertainties we have taken the decision not to rehome him, and Benji will be staying here as a permanent sponsor dog.

Benji himself is in no discomfort and is completely unaware there is anything wrong with him. His sight and hearing are both quite poor, but he doesn't let that hold him back one bit. He's a cheerful, busy, active little dog who lives life to the full. He's slotted in beautifully with our other dogs, and loves food, walks, cuddles and toys in roughly that order :laugh:

I'm just hoping now that we can get to the bottom of what's wrong and any treatment that he might need, and can keep him fit and well and enjoying life for a good long time. I have my sights set on our trip to Dumpledale/Four Acres in April, and am going to make sure he has a wonderful holiday and a chance to run on the beach, which I'm sure he will love :wub:

Arrgh I was wondering why he had been in coming soon for so long. He's my type of dog too. Wish him well from us xxx

Nice to hear Benji will be staying with you as a permanent sponsor dog. :)

TLC that's just what Benji needs and I know you will give him plenty. :wub:

Have a great time at Dumpledale/Four Acres in April this is a very nice place to stay.

Please take lots of pictures of Benji enjoying his walks.

Cheryl & Mike xxx

Thanks for letting him stay!!

If you fancy meeting up when you are at Dumpledale let me know (we are about 1.5 hrs away) so my wobbly old man can meet yours while my thugs terrorise everyone else.

A meet-up for a walk would be great, whereabouts are you? Perhaps we can find somewhere half way.