UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2009 Diet Thread

Wendbert

Another two pounds yesterday so that's 60.5 pounds (23.5 left to go), Gary got a star for putting on half a pound (surreal!). Courtney didn't come as she had her boyfriend come to visit.

Fantastic! You really are an inspiration.

Well I'm officially back on the WW wagon as of Friday. I have reached the point where I feel ready and motivated. Funnily enough, I guessed my weight, based on the last time on the scales a while ago. When I actually did weigh myself I was 6lbs less! I don't know how that happened, but it has spurred me on and also taught me to be honest with myself about it.

Anyway, doing it online so no meetings, but I've told you now so you can keep me on the straight and narrow :ph34r_anim:

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm officially back on the WW wagon as of Friday. I have reached the point where I feel ready and motivated. Funnily enough, I guessed my weight, based on the last time on the scales a while ago. When I actually did weigh myself I was 6lbs less! I don't know how that happened, but it has spurred me on and also taught me to be honest with myself about it.

Anyway, doing it online so no meetings, but I've told you now so you can keep me on the straight and narrow :ph34r_anim:

That's brilliant - go for it. You are so right about being honest with yourself - I thought I had no self discipline, you never know I might try stop smoking next (ha ha - yeah right)

Good luck Marge, though I doubt you will need any as you are already in the right frame of mind. :flowers: I might just pop round unannounced and make you step on the scales to check on you. :ph34r_anim: :laugh:

That's brilliant - go for it. You are so right about being honest with yourself - I thought I had no self discipline, you never know I might try stop smoking next (ha ha - yeah right)

Brilliant write up and so inspirational! I hope that your consultant enters it for the magazine. :biggrin: You know you can do the final push as you have done so much already, and quitting smoking should be a breeze after what you have achieved already. Read Allen Carrs 'Easy ways to quit smoking' if you decide to quit. It makes it so much easier and dont forget the support thread. :flowers:

Thank you :flowers: One step at a time, I'm sure you will give up smoking when the time is right :biggrin:

Good luck Marge, though I doubt you will need any as you are already in the right frame of mind. :flowers: I might just pop round unannounced and make you step on the scales to check on you. :ph34r_anim: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: I'll bear that in mind! I will try and be good :angel:

I have just been to my first Slimming World class.

I know how I will lose the weight - I will probably starve to death while I work out the red and green day rules :wacko:

I'm not too fixated on my actual weight (haven't got any scales because I would be on and off them every verse end) but I want to drop two dress sizes so I think I'm going to view my goal at one stone at a time.

I know how I will lose the weight - I will probably starve to death while I work out the red and green day rules :wacko:

I'm not too fixated on my actual weight (haven't got any scales because I would be on and off them every verse end) but I want to drop two dress sizes so I think I'm going to view my goal at one stone at a time.

I think its easier than it sounds. Think of green days as veggie days and red days as meat days. On each day you can have healthy extras.

So on green (carb or veggie heaven :wink: days) you can have as much carbs and any fruit veg or salad you want. And meat and dairy as a healthy extra

or on red days you can have as much meat as you like with MOST veggies (excluding carbs -potatoes/pasta/rice) which you can have as a healthy extra.

Which are you likely to do most of? Do you prefer meat or pasta/spuds/rice? There are lots of us here who can help you.

Godin, you look amazing! How do you feel now? I imagine you have a new wardrobe by now. :biggrin: As was said earlier you look loads younger. :flowers:

Edited by safneo

Godin, you look amazing! How do you feel now? I imagine you have a new wardrobe by now. :biggrin: As was said earlier you look loads younger. :flowers:

Haven't really thought about how I feel :unsure: I am on about my second new wardrobe, although I am still clinging onto a pair of cargo crops that are way huge!, but have a drawstring waist and are still well comfy for dossing around the house :ohmy: TBH I don't really see much of a difference, a friend says I've lost loads in my face, and I can obviously see it clothes wise but I don't see much change in the mirror if you get what I mean :huh:

Thankyou for your wonderful comments :flowers:

I have now lost 78lbs or 5st 8lbs :wacko:

Wow, fantastic! You look fabulous. :flowers:

Good luck :flowers:

Well it's been a strange week to start a diet. I was at a party on Saturday, so lots of buffet food. Two meals out on Wednesday and dinner in a hotel yesterday at our work''s awayday.

first week's result is............

-3lbs! :biggrin:

Well it's been a strange week to start a diet. I was at a party on Saturday, so lots of buffet food. Two meals out on Wednesday and dinner in a hotel yesterday at our work''s awayday.

first week's result is............

-3lbs! :biggrin:

:angry: That is so not fair!!

:laugh:

Well done Marge. :flowers: