UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2009 Diet Thread

Wendbert

Well we have weigh in this morning at 9 after a 2 week break due to us all working at the show last week. The last time we went, I supidly wore flared jeans and recorded a .5 gain, returning home we found that the jeans weighed 2lbs more than the leggings I usually wear so hopefully if I wear the usual leggings today - I won't be in the horrible mood I was in then!

Fingers crossed!

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We needn't have worried thank goodness!

I lost 6.5lbs (total 48.5), OH gained 3lb (so back within goal)total loss 40, daughter lost 4.5 total 35.5 = total family loss 124 lbs!

REALLY pleased :biggrin:

Edited by Amaranth

We needn't have worried thank goodness!

I lost 6.5lbs (total 48.5), OH gained 3lb (so back within goal)total loss 40, daughter lost 4.5 total 35.5 = total family loss 124 lbs!

REALLY pleased :biggrin:

Amazing! You are all working so hard! :biggrin:

Hello! I'm new to the diet thread. I need to lose some weight. I don't want to go to a class so I'm thinking of doing either Weightwatchers Online, Rosemary Conley at Home or Rosemary Conley Online.

I'd really like to hear anyone's experience of any of these diets, or opinions re if they work, are they easy to follow, that sort of thing.

Thanks in anticipation. :flowers:

I hadn't really planned on going on a diet despite being a good 2 and a half to three stone overweight, but then other half was diagnosed with diabetes just before Christmas. He was three stone overweight and something had to be done. Together (for morale support) we changed out diet to three meals a day. Low carb and low fat. Started New Years Day and, to date, hubby has lost over two stone and I've lost just over one and a half. It's been quite easy to be honest, but without that diagnosis, which seemed like a death sentence at the time with all of the dire warnings that went with it, I doubt we'd have done anything. So, in a way, diabetes has been life changing in a good way. I can't remember the last time either of us felt fitter than we do now :)

Every cloud, as they say.

ETA: Hubbies blood count has also dropped so for the foreseeable future there's no need for him to go on meds.

Edited by Brierley

I hadn't really planned on going on a diet despite being a good 2 and a half to three stone overweight, but then other half was diagnosed with diabetes just before Christmas. He was three stone overweight and something had to be done. Together (for morale support) we changed out diet to three meals a day. Low carb and low fat. Started New Years Day and, to date, hubby has lost over two stone and I've lost just over one and a half. It's been quite easy to be honest, but without that diagnosis, which seemed like a death sentence at the time with all of the dire warnings that went with it, I doubt we'd have done anything. So, in a way, diabetes has been life changing in a good way. I can't remember the last time either of us felt fitter than we do now :)

Every cloud, as they say.

ETA: Hubbies blood count has also dropped so for the foreseeable future there's no need for him to go on meds.

That's fantastic and really inspiring :thumbsup_anim: !

I put 1.5lb back on this week. That will be the wine and comfort food then! :rolleyes:

And as its my birthday this week I am hoping OH will be taking me out for dinner, and if so I WILL be having pudding! :laugh:

I will just have to hope for a maintain this week. :laugh:

Spins you can do whatever you like. You dont have to do a specific diet, you could just cut down on 'bad' food. Depends on how much you have to lose and what kind of foods you really like. I find if I have to cut out things I really like its harder to stick to long term which is why I do SW because I can have nice things in moderation. :biggrin: