UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2009 Diet Thread

Wendbert

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rufus the Wonderdog - well done you - you're obviously doing something right.

DirtyChicken, I think I'm very norty! Blame it on my Grannie - 'twas one of her expressions (and she was probably from further north than you. :) )

3lb gone

1 stone altogether now :)

Not sure how or why as I'm not dieting but I won't complain too much :rolleyes:

Woohoo!! Fantastic Val! You really must be doing something right. Must be that labrador walk you went on the other day. :wink:

Woohoo!! Fantastic Val! You really must be doing something right. Must be that labrador walk you went on the other day. :wink:

Must be :laugh:

or it could be the 45 minutes of 'exercise' I do every week at cardiac rehab class :rolleyes:

The rest of you would laugh at us in this class - slow paced is about an apt description :laugh:

I've been staying the same the last few weeks but saw diet lady this afternoon and have lost a pound. Pretty good as I've not really been trying :rolleyes:

My diet lady is fab - she's taking me to the Big Weekend and said today that she's not planning on being good and if she smells food on Saturday, she'll eat it :laugh:

Put on 1/2 lb last week - only just managed to get on here to 'fess.

It was a rather strange eating week though, so I wasn't particularly downhearted.

Yesterday I was 'catering' so the house has been full of home made biscuits, cakes, crusty bread and the like. I managed to resist the whole lot, ate fruit while serving biscuits and cakes, and made up a huge salad of goodies for myself at lunch time.

Cake remains are at work now "in return for a donation to Wiccs", and biscuits are going with me tomorrow night when I'm seeing some friends.

:)

I STS last week :wacko: (damn water retention!) but lost 5lbs this week :biggrin: which has now got my BMI into the 30's :ohmy: :cool:

Flippin heck you are storming ahead. :biggrin:

Well I lost a pound this week, which cancels out the pound I put on last week :rolleyes:

Well done. A pound a week is just fine as long as its off not on. :wink:

I lost 2.5lb this week which got me my club 10 award at slimming world and 1 stone 2lb to date. :biggrin: Though I think the stress is having something to do with that. :rolleyes:

I've missed congratulating everyone, so well done Godin, Sandra, Annie, Safneo and Wendy.

I lost the 1/2 lb I put on last week.

And another 3.75 lbs! :unsure:

However, I have to admit that I have a stonkingly 'orrible cold at the moment, which is making me feel a bit queasy too, and as a result, although I drank loads yesterday, my food intake was rather limited, so perhaps that had something to do with the huge weight loss. Well, huge for me.

One of my colleagues returned to work on Wednesday after six weeks sickness - she thought I'd lost weight. :wink: (She also stressed that it was because she'd been off sick .................... :wacko: )

Tuesday night I was meeting my friends for our fortnightly discussion thingy, and went digging in the wardrobe as I was way behind with the ironing, and, whilst we're not bothered about "smart", I did at least want to look as if I hadn't just come from walking the dogs (which I had). Anyway, found this pair of trousers "a size smaller" than the ones I've taken a belt to, so just thought I'd see if I could squeeze into them. To discover that there was no question of squeezing at all, they were at best a perfect fit, and at worst slightly loose. :ohmy:

I think that I can hardly believe that I am eating (colds apart) really quite well, three meals a day, some planned snacks, and I am still losing weight at a perfectly acceptable rate after nearly three months, without feeling particularly deprived.

Also need new bras - my current collection are failing miserably in the over shoulder boulder holder department! Probably don't need a smaller size, just something where the elastic hasn't worn out in the effort to keep the weight in place. e-bay here I come!

:laugh:

Edited by Mrs B