UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2009 Diet Thread

Wendbert

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had weigh in tonight and have lost 2lbs! :partytime: How, I dont know except lots more exercise as I havent stopped recently but have eaten out and had nice things. :rolleyes: Next week might be catch up week as I am away for two nights this week too. :biggrin:

Well done Safneo. Are you still celebrating in style?

I have to admit that I can resist (most of) my baking. In fact I have the “reverse†problem – if there’s nothing available, I crave it, and am inclined to binge - on anything else around. If it’s available, I can ‘control’ myself. So, under my desk at work I have a “tuck box†with lots of small chocolate bars, biscuit bars, crisps, nuts and ‘naughty’ snacks in it, the fruit bowl is on the desk, and I basically have a rule for myself that if I want it and have been ‘good’ for the rest of the day, then I can have it. Especially as I think it is good training for the day ‘when’ I no longer need to lose weight. Today I have earmarked a new recipe home made cookie to go with my afternoon mug of tea.

As I have said, it’s my way of dealing with wanting these things, so I allow myself a little of the naughty things if I need them, but try to ensure that most of my eating is of the healthier variety. Obviously we all have to find our own solutions to temptation.

Meanwhile, I have been having a hooooooooge problem this weekend – which to be honest has been driving me completely up the wall.

My jeans (these being the cheapo variety used for dog duties, housework, gardening and the like – bought in bulk short legged lots so there’s always a semi clean pair available) no longer fit me around the waist. I have spent what feels like the whole weekend hitching jeans up with one hand whilst trying to do stuff that I needed two hands for, and hoping that I was not going to end up disgracing myself whilst out with the dogs – as obviously their tender personalities could be scarred for life. :rolleyes:

Having dug around the house for a belt – I found two – both of which were way too short, so I have had an emergency shopping expedition this lunch time – and now possess two belts

both of which are SMALL

until such time as I can get back to my cheapo out of town jeans shop and perhaps see what size I actually should be wearing. Then again, perhaps my jeans have stretched.

Such are the perils of being surrounded by my baking! :laugh:

Having dug around the house for a belt – I found two – both of which were way too short, so I have had an emergency shopping expedition this lunch time – and now possess two belts both of which are SMALL until such time as I can get back to my cheapo out of town jeans shop and perhaps see what size I actually should be wearing. Then again, perhaps my jeans have stretched.

Such are the perils of being surrounded by my baking! :laugh:

:partytime: You must be doing something right! :biggrin: I know what you mean about craving what you dont have though.

I have finished a bottle of Baileys......... OOps!! Back on the coffee now. :rolleyes:

Lots and lots of walking over the next two days.

I haven't updated here for ages!, but I weighed in today after not weighing in since 30/3 and having a week off on hols and have lost 8lb :ohmy:

Which now puts my total lost at 53lbs :cool:

That's fantastic - many congratulations!!

I'm panicking as there was no weigh in last Saturday due to Easter and I'm having a feeling fat sort of time for some reason.

I didn't realise how much of a crutch the weekly wi was!

That's fantastic - many congratulations!!

I'm panicking as there was no weigh in last Saturday due to Easter and I'm having a feeling fat sort of time for some reason.

I didn't realise how much of a crutch the weekly wi was!

Try not to panic, I never thought I'd survive being in France for 5 days without scales and not having a WI with my CDC for 16 days but it was a breeze really and I lost 8lb to boot :biggrin:

Godin, that is truly amazing. You must really be noticing the effects of losing so much weight. Well done you – and keep up the very good work.

1lb for me this week. I did have a wibbly day on Wednesday too, so I am very happy.

Another person at work asked if I had lost weight today ……………………..

Oh, and you wouldn’t believe what a happy person I have become since I bought those belts for my jeans and no longer have saggy bottomed jeans to contend with! :biggrin:

I am just beginning to see sight of my first target – which is to reach a BMI of 25. :unsure: