UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2009 Diet Thread

Wendbert

Our Weigh in yesterday morning was ok (despite the silly woman wrongly sayng Courtney had put on half a pound when she had actually lost 1.5lbs - that caused an angry daughter for the morning!) lost another 2.5 and Gary lost another 4lb. A lady at my Agility class filled a rucksack with 25lbs of Sand to show how much extra I was carrying 2 months ago - no wonder I was slow!

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Weigh in yesterday morning was ok (despite the silly woman wrongly sayng Courtney had put on half a pound when she had actually lost 1.5lbs - that caused an angry daughter for the morning!) lost another 2.5 and Gary lost another 4lb. A lady at my Agility class filled a rucksack with 25lbs of Sand to show how much extra I was carrying 2 months ago - no wonder I was slow!

Well done to you all. :flowers: It is quite surpising when you actually 'see' the amount of weight you have lost isnt. At SW we have a lump of something that is equivalent to 2lb in weight. It makes that 2lb feel a whole lot more than you think it is.

I am dreading tomorrows weigh in. This week I have had MIL birthday meal. I was naughty and had dessert too. Then I was on a course yesterday and had to buy lunch out and had a baguette with brie and cranberry, and biscuits with coffee in the morning as I was starving. Then last night when I got home OH ordered pizza. :rolleyes: I think I will write this week off and be very happy if I mantain. :laugh:

I am dreading tomorrows weigh in. This week I have had MIL birthday meal. I was naughty and had dessert too. Then I was on a course yesterday and had to buy lunch out and had a baguette with brie and cranberry, and biscuits with coffee in the morning as I was starving. Then last night when I got home OH ordered pizza. :rolleyes: I think I will write this week off and be very happy if I mantain. :laugh:

It might not be as bad as you think Andrea :unsure: :)

Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Did MIL enjoy her surprise meal ?

Well done to everyone who is losing weight and feeling happier :flowers:

I want to lose some but I'm trying not to weigh myself, preferring to go by how I feel (and how much fat I can feel :laugh: ). I'd like to lose around half a stone I think, off my hips and thighs mainly really. The rest is ok. Not how I looked when I was 19 but I'm much happier now at least.

I selfishly haven't read back the last couple of pages - busy, busy.

But popped on to say I misplaced those two pounds I acquried last week, and dumped another pound. :)

However, on holiday-but-not-going-away this week, sooooooooooo may be having the odd day out and not necessarily all good foods around.

Tomorrow I am going to start enjoying my holiday by reading back on how fantastically everyone else is doing.

It might not be as bad as you think Andrea :unsure: :)

Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Did MIL enjoy her surprise meal ?

Yes she did. Thank you for asking. She was over the moon! :biggrin:

I selfishly haven't read back the last couple of pages - busy, busy.

But popped on to say I misplaced those two pounds I acquried last week, and dumped another pound. :)

However, on holiday-but-not-going-away this week, sooooooooooo may be having the odd day out and not necessarily all good foods around.

Tomorrow I am going to start enjoying my holiday by reading back on how fantastically everyone else is doing.

Well done on your loss this week. I'm sure you will be more active this week if you are out and about so the extra exercise and fresh air will be good. :biggrin:

Well I am not dieting as such but having tried to heave myself into a pair of trousers that had previously been very slack I was shocked at how tight they had become so I decided to cut my portions down. I already stick to a fairly sensible low GI diet as I have diabetes.

Anyway house-mate Ruby bought herself a Wii so I have been having a go on that too and combined with the smaller portions I have managed to loose 8lbs over the last 11 days.

I have LOADS to loose to get back to what I used to weigh, which was 10 and half stones, but I think that might be a bridge too far so I am just aiming for small amounts at a time and hoping I can keep it up for long enough to make a difference long term.

I have been avoiding dieting for some while as going on past performances I know that I can fairly easily loose 2 to 3 stone but then I stick, give up and end up back where I started plus with a few extra pounds over :rolleyes:

I've been coming in here for inspiration tho not posting - well until now that is :laughingsmiley: