UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Winter Walkies

reds

My Dad and I took the boys up to Church Stretton today to do the middle part of the Long Mynd. Now I never walk in jeans and I always carry at least one spare pair of socks with me - are you hearing a but coming! Today was a bit rushed so forgot the spare socks and as it was dry, my paramo trousers were worn out, my craghoppers were a bit big and in a great need of washing, I put the comfy jeans on. Now I've set the scene.

Weather was 'claggy' ;) but then glorious sunshine and clear skies in places. At about half way round my Dad said that the route we were following (Country walking mag. guide) was too short so desicion was to add a few bits on. We went round the perimerter of Pole cottage as described and I made some comment about the ground, my Dad replied: "Well we are walking on a frozen pond", to which I then replied, "Should we be walking on a frozen pond?"

Two strides later....SPLASH :laugh: In I went with both legs, right up to the knees - ever so slightly immensely FREEZING!!!! Rang my wettest sock out, stuck foot in a plastic carrier bag, put sock back on and foot back in boot and then froze for the next few miles. I was wearing my Dads spare mittens and his spare fleece it was that chuffin cold once one had 'taken a dip' :doh

Anyway, none the worse for wear but let that be a lesson to all about walking in jeans ;D. Photos were with a dodgy camera and one-handed and I was too cold to bother after the pond incident but here are a few, only one of Rory Por I'm afraid as he was behind me with his Dad and one-handed and looking behind was a bit too complex for a simple soul like myself...

Oh and they were all very well behaved, just the one attempted pork pie theft by a bear who shalt not be named!

Seriously, are you seriously telling me you've got no food?

ch1.jpg

Did you say food?

church-1.jpg

chu.jpg

chu1.jpg

chu2.jpg

Well, if you ask me...

chu3.jpg

Which way to the sandwich shop?

chu4.jpg

chu5.jpg

chu6.jpg

chu7.jpg

Ghost ponies

chu9.jpg

Kindly showing us the way

chu10.jpg

I have a few more, including before and afte rmy dunking - if I dare!

Burway :)

From my Dad's camera the next lot.

The starts: Jack stalking an oncoming dog!

chet1.jpg

Sunshine: It started so well

chet2.jpg

Jack: "Me no like ghost ponies"

chet5.jpg

One gaiter woman

chet4.jpg

chet3.jpg

It's chuffin cold! Rory pulling faces 'cos his Dad's left him with some wet woman

chet6.jpg

Le Fin - and still chuffin cold!

chet.jpg

Looks like a fabulous place to walk, wonderful photos :flowers:

Dad replied: "Well we are walking on a frozen pond", to which I then replied, "Should we be walking on a frozen pond?"

Two strides later....SPLASH :laugh:

Oh my god, I hate being cold so I really feel for you getting wet and cold :(

I may have laughed slightly though, sorry!