UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Two Very Special Bengal Boys

Taz and Giz came into Bengal Cat Rescue 2 years ago with no problems at all. They were a very much loved and well travelled pair. They're from the Millwood Stud in the USA, and were bought in Russia by their owner, who took them with her to USA, Canada and the UK! She had them for 10 years and was devastated to hand the boys over but her son (who was 2) was highly allergic to them and she couldn't bare to leave them shut a spare room for the rest of their lives.

GizzyandTaz.jpg

Taz and Giz were rehomed as indoor cats as they've been declawed as kittens and can't defend themselves or climb to safety when out and about. Despite this the home they went to let them out and the problems started, the boys had a couple of fights with local cats and then started marking in the house. They refuse to keep the cats as indoor cats again and sort advice from everyone accept us! They now want rid of the cats before Xmas as they're going on holiday. :(

They are 12 years old, and need an indoor home. They're fine with children and dogs. They behave more like dogs and are the most wonderful natured cats we've had in, being more mature they're more laid back than younger Bengals although Taz can be a little nervous since being let outside. They need a loving, safe, retirement home and would be ideal for a less experienced home who've never had Bengals before.

• 3 weeks later...

These boys will be arriving back in Derbyshire hopefully this weekend.

I know some people have been put off as they think they can't insure them. They are currently insured with PetPlan and I plan to transfer that to my own name so it should be able to be then transferred to a new owner as the insurance will be kept continual then.

These boys will be arriving back in Derbyshire hopefully this weekend.

I know some people have been put off as they think they can't insure them. They are currently insured with PetPlan and I plan to transfer that to my own name so it should be able to be then transferred to a new owner as the insurance will be kept continual then.

fingers crossed for them, they look beutiful and so chilled in the picture. sadly my 3 are total sods with other cats, but good luck to them both.

• 3 weeks later...