UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dharma Hurt - Ocd?

KathyM

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, I'm just really wibbling over the anaesthetic (she was really ill when she was spayed) and over shoulda woulda stuff. :mecry: She's very low this morning, hasn't got up to say hello. Has offered her belly for the kids to kiss before school. Not sure whether it's because she's not had her painkillers this morning (and it's bitter cold here) or whether it's because of the lack of breakfast. :rolleyes: I think I'm going to be sick, so I'll be skipping it too. I'll update with any news. :GroupHug:

Sorry, Kathy, only just caught up with this.

First thing is to get rid of the guilt! We all feel guilt when our dogs are unwell because we all want that elusive magic wand that makes everything alright again. That's got nothing to do with money, that's to do with our own fears and inner turmoil.

I've got everything firmly crossed and sending loads of positive thoughts so adding those to all the others that are winging their way through will hopefully help her.

Thinking of you all today and willing a positive outcome :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

thinking of you :GroupHug:

ing had a similar problem but ALOT worse.....in the end they said it was the cartilage and bone breaking down in his spine and when a bit broke off it hit his spinal cord and nerves and that when he would scream in pain as it made his leg spasm.... it confused us for a long long time as we kept looking at the leg as that was reacting but eventually realised something was causing it futher up. Xray showed nothing but MRI showed the spine damage.

If he was younger and it had been caught early there was more chance f him having surgery but for him it wasnt an option as he hated confined spaces and was too afr gone

so dont beat yourself up as you have acted as soon as you spotted something and not taken the easy option as that first eeeddiioot was saying just rest

You knw your dog the best and if you feel that the answer your given aint the best then press on!!!

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

also get lots of rescue rem in water and food... worked wonders for king

:GroupHug: thinking of you Kathy. The PDSA do perform ops if it is a big centre and i believe that there are various charities that will help with the cost if it has to be done at a vets. Your vet should be able to tell you what is available in your area. Fingers firmly crossed for a good outcome x