UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Please Send Positive Thoughts For Max

merledogs

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex..dont go through the weekend feeling tearful and thinking this could be his last one :GroupHug: smile and be happy he is there, and not in pain. I've lost far too many dogs in the past and the worse shock was Jazz, our gorgeous GSD, who was fine and dandy at 8 when I left for work, and dead on the settee when my husband came home from his shift at 1.00pm. We had no chance for spoiling him, giving him treats etc as he had only been off colour since the Monday, and on Thursday the vet was very happy with him and said he was back to normal. Friday he was dead.

You can fuss your boy, love him to bits, and still have the hope that he can be treated...have a fantastic weekend, and spoil him rotten!

Vet just rang. Max is not coming round from the anaesthetic very well so as things stand at the moment he won't be able to come home tonight :(

The vet said his bone marrow sample looked very thin and watery and now that they have taken the sample, they can give him a blood transfusion which should perk him up a bit, provided he doesn't react to it. They couldn't give him one before as it would have affected the test results.

They will start the blood transfusion shortly and run it very slowly for the first hour so that if he does react they can stop it, then after the first hour they will run it through quicker.

I have to ring back about 5 or 6 pm for another update and to see if he's picked up enough to bring him home tonight.

Please think "Wake up Max and don't react to the blood transfusion" thoughts :flowers: