UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Just Found A Dog

BillyMalc

It had to happen on the one day I'm off sick from work :rolleyes: (or the all seeing eye might have let me take the day off for exactly this reason, who knows ...). I'd just run a quick errand, on my own, no dogs with me for a change or I would prolly never have spotted her. An old dearie, black and tan with tan ''eye brows'', likely some kind of GSD X. Wears a collar, but no tag and no one else in sight. It took me some effort and the help of a neighbour with a lead to catch her, because although she was limping she was very scared and couldn't half shift when I tried to say hello! She's in my kitchen now, on a double layer of vetbed, still very scared but very sweet. She's quite podgy, which kind of explained the fact that she readily ate biscuits from my hand, despite being scared. I don't think she can see or hear too well, poor love :wub: Kiera's being a brat with her, so unfortunately I have to keep her separate from us, but on the other hand it might give her the chance to get some rest. I've called the dog warden, and had to leave a message on their answer phone. Hope that they'll call back soon with a message saying that someone's called to say that they are missing a dog of this description - because I would love for her to go back to a home where she is much loved. Fingers crossed for poor little old love!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: Spoke to a very nice dog warden lady, who's taken all the details, and someone will be picking her up today. She will be going to M'cr Dogs Home, which isn't the greatest place for a scared old lady, but at least she'll be scanned and hopefully reunited with a loving owner.

really hope that her owners claim her, have you seen any posters in your area or

double checked dog lost or dog pages.

I picked up a westie from manc dogs home for rehoming in the midlands

the staff are great there and really care about the animals they have to look after

you got a pic of this gentle old lady Billy

:flowers: well done Billy. I hope she is reunited with a loving owner very soon, I hate to think of oldies in kennels x

So do I. Unfortunately I can't offer to keep her till her owner is found/indefinitely :( But I will want to keep tabs on "my" 'old dearie' and if she has not been claimed after 7 days I'll have a serious look for someone who she could spend her remaining time with - which might be quite a while even! :wub:

Here she is, please do disregard the state of the kitchen floor (which obvioulsy is what I do :blush:)

Doesn't like the vet bed it seems:

Oldiefound121108001.jpg

Look at that sweet face :wub: :wub:

Oldiefound121108002.jpg

Awwwwwww she's cute :wub: :wub: What kitchen floor :unsure: :laugh: :laugh:

the dirty one :laugh: :laugh:

just realised I am a fine one to talk :rolleyes:

Aww she is luffley, I wouldnt wait the 7 days to start looking for a new owner Billy, she may

not have wandered off at all but been let off on purpose and left in a strange place.

have you (temporarily) named her yet ??

Thanks for the support re my kitchen floor! :flowers: As far as 'Old Love' is concerned, I know of 2 people who I could potentially ask - that's it, that's my rehoming options counted for :( One of them I don't even know, but was suggested to me by a neighbour who couldn't have her either. Of course I'd ask, but I'd rather hear that she has been reunited with loving owners than getting people's hopes up about being able to home a dog. :unsure: