UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - November 2008

Jacobean

dog walking with only 1 dog is awful.

OH doesnt know what to do with himself-especially when we get to the turnaround tree (where he would go back with Moo who couldnt do the long walk)

i think we may be looking for another Houndy sooner rather then later.....i hope noone feels we are being too quick or trying to replace Moo or even being dis respectful to her memory-she has been gone such a short time.... :(

fee

Oh fee, no-one who matters would think that. I can fully understand why another Houndy would help as I'm sure many others do too. When I was younger we had a cat pts at 21yrs through ill health. Her playmate of the last 20yrs was devasted and howled for her day and night and would spend hours searching for her. My parents thought the best thing to do was to get another cat. Not to replace her but to ease the obvious loneliness of our remaining cat and us. I don't think humans feel any differently to animals, we just put a brave face on and do what we think is expected of us. We don't expect anything, except you to do what you believe to be the best thing for you and yours. If that is to get another Houndy now, then good. If it's not, then good too.

I think EGAR's posting today says it all really. http://www.rykat.org/forums/index.php?show...c=43717&hl=

:wub: :GroupHug:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH doesnt know what to do with himself-especially when we get to the turnaround tree (where he would go back with Moo who couldnt do the long walk)

i think we may be looking for another Houndy sooner rather then later.....i hope noone feels we are being too quick or trying to replace Moo or even being dis respectful to her memory-she has been gone such a short time.... :(

fee

http://www.dogsinneed.co.uk/gallery.html

Can I suggest a look at desmond. I know he has been in kennels a while and I have been asked to take him but a good home will be far better.

Fee I doubt any would think ill of you and if they do maybe they direct there engeries into helping a dog in need themselves or a rescue

for some people the right choice is to offer another home quickly , for some its a longer period and some maybe never

who is to say whats right or wrong for anyone else , as soon as the home can care for a new dogs needs than its the right time and its the dog thats going to be the final judge of that not someone who "knows" you online

Sam x

Fee the right time is when its right for you, not what anyone else thinks. We've got a few needy hounds on Greyhound Gap (4 16 week old lurcher pups too but they aren't ready for rehoming yet), any hound you rehome from wherever will be a very lucky hound indeed.

Oh :huh: I think a day's shopping will be a breeze, in comparison :laugh:

that would depend how crazy your mother is :laugh: Sinse my mum had her stroke her memory is a bit squew wiff to say the least, so we can have the same chat over and over for the week. Im secretly planning on letting Jules give her life story a few times. it will be like Kats Inc does the spanish inquisition :laugh:

Morning :tired: Feckin Kinkycat kept scratching at the bedroom door to come in so woke me up several times in the night :angry:

Norty Kinkycat :mad:

fee

I think it's whatever feels right for you. We once had a dog that died on Boxing day and we welcomed a new dog into our home on new years eve. I wouldn't judge anyone for their personal choices. :flowers: :flowers:

RMF: My PC just went Kabooomski! :ohmy: There was smoke and everything :cool: I've got a new one now though :biggrin:

Is this a work PC? if so, couldn't you have the afternoon off? :unsure:

Home for lunch, hounds are snoozing :wub: I have a Dap diffuser on the go and it seems to have knocked them both out! :unsure:

I am finding it hard enough to cope with my mum being a friend on facebook, never mind taking her anywhere :laugh: :laugh:

fee

Fee, I felt the same as you when I was down to one dog. Taggs died on Boxing Day and we got Toffee on 3rd January. I felt really depressed and needed to do this to recover :GroupHug: :flowers:

I have walked the dogs and been for a ride on Penny Pony :wub: I really need to wash my hair before friends come round for coffee.