UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Laryngial Paralysis

Mommy Bear

Ellie was too bad fo the tie back operation, she had a tracheotmy, if she hadn't she would have died. There was hope at first that once everything had settled down this could be taken out but unfortunately she will have it for life now.

At the time everything went too quickly, it was put this in or loose my dog, I have worried every since if it was the right decision but Adel her vet has a dog with one in who lives a normal life now. Ellie is coughing a lot of phlem up at the moment but once this has gone the coughing will stop.

Every day I am less worried if I have made the right decision, she is restricted to 5 minute walks at the moment but she wants to carry on. She is full of life and loves to play.

I will have to watch her, she won't be able to swim or she will drown, can't have baths either, but she can run and play like a normal dog. In fact she is better now than she has been since she came here.

If I had had the choice I probably would have said no to the tracheotmy, was it the right decision to do this, for Ellie it was, for other dogs, I would say try, you have nothing to loose, your dog will probably adapt without any problems.