UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Texas's Great Big Adventure

ceemage

Thank you. The op is pretty straight forward,, just lasering th e gunk of the plastic lens takes 5 mins . Nervous as hell about the new dog.. I have a quandary though/ I need help .. should I rename him .???? Teddy texas two, Spirit texas... even been suggested Spirit of woolies as some ex colleagues helped withthe funding vi athe Woolworths fb group. I have to do something Spirit isnt really a good name. it doesnt have any hooks or clues for them to latch onto a pattern when called or spoken to ....... Or maybe i am being a bit too soft naming him after the original (and probably crying everytime i call him) suggestions please refuge pals.

He will only have had the name Spirit since he has been in the shelter so changing it won't be a problem.

I used to train with a lady who used the same name for all her gsd's- one at a time obviously. She said she liked the name and will always use it.

All my dogs have had different names as I name them what seems to suit them as an individual.

If it pleases you to name him Teddy Texas then go ahead, it is your choice.

I sometimes change the name of any new additions to something similar sounding or simply to a new name. They all seem to adapt very quickly, even old dogs who have had their name all their life!

Good luck with your new dog whatever you call him! Naming him after a dog special to you does not mean you love him less but rather he will be special too.

Yes its great. We finally got the fare together vai an appeal from various ex- Woolworths colleagues 9 we have spent two years fighting for a protective award under employment law and got paid last month ) and some Norwegian friends of his. who have been supporting him.` WE just have to organise collecting him from Folkestone services..

Work goes on a pace.. building him a special indoor kennel for feeding etc and boarding of the the stair bannister. Jemma the Cadaver dog is now completely blind as well as her diabetes induced cataracts are full blown so we have to have a permanent water drinker and lot s of safety padding . We have just been given six ofthe special mattresses used for old ladies falling out of bed . so the old ones cn be used for door padding and such. Its a big learning curve. for me. Pic of the work going on https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/546220_3460052254011_1052062064_3051813_435566567_n.jpg

Edited by lester

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No I just keep telling people. Well I got the news that he and seven other dogs set forth this morning,. A bit of a problem with the van at this end, with a caravan move. but I am told transporter will be available and waiting for the call from lunchtime tomorrow. bit of a mad rush getting the place ready..padding doors , laying specific smells and rearranging furniture so that it doesnt need moving. have still to get the gates for the segregated feeding "kennels"/ youngsters hidey holes. but next door Argos has got them at half price..

His coat for his first journey is ready and i have got the bits to build him a heavy duty bump harness. Thi s is a bit behind .. needle threading on the big sewing machine i s not something I excel at. 575075_3628053893947_1052062064_3115672_2010091400_n.jpg

His playmate is waiting for him.I have put hospital type crash mats through the house for the oldies and am using th e thinner ones in places where he might run into trouble, 385619_3661122480641_986172158_n.jpg

Jake is the same age. and is really good at scenting.. so may be they can learn stuff together. Jake can stop oining the oldies when they are resting. Nodoubt I will post more over the weekend.