UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dylan In The Wars

Abby

Okaaayy so Dyl is a bit under the weather at the moment:

1 Cut ear (almost healed) from mad moment with toy :rolleyes:

2 small holes in leg from altercation with Clive ( :angry: to both of them) - part healed but only happened last Monday so not there yet

And today he came home from his walk with a 5p size section skinned off one from one of his front pads :mecry: I have cleaned it, sprayed it with Anti-B spray, bound it (bleeding quite a bit) and put a sock on him. I will take him to the vets in the morning to see if they've got some super-dooper pad healing technology.

In the meantime, he is feeling low and pathetic. He had Rescue Remedy when he came home, but is there anything I can give him tonight to give him a natural lift or hlep the healing process?

Would arnica help with this?

Also is there anything else I should be doing with the pad before we get to the vets (I will have another look at the dressing later)?

Dylan says Thanks :flowers: :flowers: in his best woe is me voice...

Cass cut one of the pads of her paw quite a while ago now. I bathed it with salt water, I think I used a bit of honey on it to help it heal, wrapped it in gauze and used one of the Mikki boots to keep it clean. We bathed it a couple of times a day and kept the boot on and it healed nicely by itself.

Rescue Remedy is a good idea - and perhaps some home made tuna cake would help :wink:

Hope it heals nicely soon :flowers:

Thanks Ange :flowers: I hadn't thought of honey. I may have to invest in a boot thingy, as it'll be impossible to keep it properly clean even giving him lead walks, given where it is on his foot.

I have asked Dylan about tuna cake, and he says he'll try his best to manage some... :rolleyes: :laughingsmiley:

When Flora nicked her paw it bled and bled and bled for days and days and days because every time it tried to start healing she'd catch it on something and off it would go again :rolleyes:

Fi suggested trying that spray plaster stuff. It involves holding the dog still for long enough to allow it to dry but once it's dry it allows the flexibility for the pad to work as it should and it's waterproof. Might be worth a try :flowers:

Edited to add: Elastoplast make spray plaster stuff that you can get in supermarkets and it's about £6 but Wilko's make their own and it's about £3 :)

Kev was talking about some spray on barrier stuff that sounds like that earlier - but I thought we'd have to go to the vets for it. I don't want to take him to the vets unless necessary because (a) he hates it and (b) it costs money and generally they say 'oh it would probablybe okay but we'll just do this and this and this' so if I can do the stuff myself, I like to.

Will try the chemists in the morning (don't have the luxury of a Wilko's round here :rolleyes: )

Kev was talking about some spray on barrier stuff that sounds like that earlier - but I thought we'd have to go to the vets for it. I don't want to take him to the vets unless necessary because (a) he hates it and (b) it costs money and generally they say 'oh it would probablybe okay but we'll just do this and this and this' so if I can do the stuff myself, I like to.

Will try the chemists in the morning (don't have the luxury of a Wilko's round here :rolleyes: )

See how you get on with the "proper" stuff and if it works well, then I'm happy to pick some Wilko's stuff up for you next time I swing by (not that I spend much time in Wilko's you understand :ninja: ) :flowers:

I've just taken off the dressing and it had dried up really well and was looking nice and clean and pink. Dylan was really good (though the peanut butter biccies might have helped :wink: ).

I put some anti bacterial powder on it and redressed it. Administered arnica, cheese and more peanut butter biccies :rolleyes:

Tomorrow I shall hopefully get some spray on stuff and order him a Mikki boot (which he will hate but darn well wear).

Thanks for all your good thoughts and advice :flowers:

TCP also do a spray covering thingy freely available at the vets.

FinnbarLAUGHINGBOY1.jpg

Says when your feeling better please can you ask Mummy or Auntie Reikiangie to give me the recipe for Tuna Cake Its sound brilliant x x x x x x Hope your feeling better soooooooooon Mum says Reiki on itsa way to help x x x