UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Underdog Show

ailsas mum

Another Sven fan :wub: what a stunning dog.

I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of rapore some of the celebs have with their dogs, the guy with the Springer didn't even seem to care :( , I got the impression that a lot of them were there just to get on the telly and had no interest in the dogs at all, although I did have a big grin on my face at the comedian who was frightened of dogs and is now keeping his dog :biggrin: Is it just me or does this series seem a bit trashier than the last one :unsure: , the choice of TPT is just bonkers, I kept worrying she was going to stand on one of the dogs with those stupid shoes she had on.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the first time I've seen it and I was really disappointed, I didn't like the 'game show' format (but then I hate game shows), Brian Blessed was the only one of the 'celebrities' I even vaguely recognised and the presentation was tooth-grindingly awful.

On the other hand the dogs were wonderful, I absolutely loved Sven and the GSD/Collie who was teamed with the dancer (Camilla?).

As soon as we saw the line-up I said that the lurcher and the husky would run riot, so it was good to be proved right about that at least :laugh:

Trouble is that Javine and Harvey have something to prove because they were recently big headlines after having a very public, physical fight so won't be there for "the good of the dogs" at all :err: Who on earth has got enough time to dedicate to training dogs when they have a 4 month old baby anyway?? :wacko:

TPT and Mark Durden-Smith seem to be a very odd selection as presenters :unsure: They never seemed to gel properly on the I'm A Celebrity thing and they've been doing that for years, so why on earth stick them on something else??

The judges' scoring system seemed very skewed as well, but I'm glad that they picked up the "celebs" who were manhandling their dogs :)

I'll probably keep watching now, but it isn't anywhere near as good as it was last time :err:

I watched last nite and don't think i can bare to watch again - TPT needs a good slap - what is her problem! And the woman with the Husky dog - was it just me or did that dog seem scared of her? Not impressed this time - and we had free tickets to be in the audience - so glad we didn't go.

I also thought the programme was too long, but I suppose it might get shorter as the number of dogs goes down.

Was anybody on here at the recordings?

The only judge I agreed with was Steve Mann. The others gave higher marks to people that they said weren't so good as others who got a lower score.

TPT kept looking at herself in the monitor and smiling or making faces.

Bring back Julian.

I think it is a bit much to expect the dogs to do anything when they only met each other three weeks ago. The guy with Jim said his dog didn't even know its name two weeks ago.

Is it just me or does this series seem a bit trashier than the last one :unsure: , the choice of TPT is just bonkers, I kept worrying she was going to stand on one of the dogs with those stupid shoes she had on.

No, I thought the same. And TPT made me cringe, as she always does. :rolleyes:

Brian Blessed was the only one of the 'celebrities' I even vaguely recognised and the presentation was tooth-grindingly awful.

I agree. It was embarrassingly bad. :(

I didnt think the 2hours was too long :D But agree about TPT being an embarrasment. :rolleyes: I said to OH when the girl with the husky was stood at the end, had she had a poo bag and scooped, she may have gotten an extra point :laugh: I did think that the Gloria was shying away from her when she was lunging at her to try and catch her. Maybe she should have just sat down on the floor to get her attention back. :rolleyes:

Was lovely to see Kevin and Sven :wub: Kevin seems to have worked really hard and also, Brian and the comedian with Jim with their dogs.

As for Javine and her fella, WHY! :angry: They hadnt even bothered with any training, despite them having a dog of their own. :rolleyes:

Can't wait for next weeks episode. :biggrin:

I must be very strange because I quite enjoyed it. Some good points made on inappropriate handling and training from the judges and a couple of good examples of how the unexpected can happen when push comes to shove :)

The husky was having a lovely game and, far from being afraid of the handler, was showing typical play behaviour - chase me! chase me!

Don't like Tara wotsit, but she proved a minor irritation with what I found to be an entertaining couple of hours of easy watching (with the odd chance to chat to the TV when I didn't agree with the marks :) )

Any platform that encourages getting dogs out of rescue centres and into homes can't be all bad :)

I must be very strange because I quite enjoyed it. Some good points made on inappropriate handling and training from the judges and a couple of good examples of how the unexpected can happen when push comes to shove :)

The husky was having a lovely game and, far from being afraid of the handler, was showing typical play behaviour - chase me! chase me!

Don't like Tara wotsit, but she proved a minor irritation with what I found to be an entertaining couple of hours of easy watching (with the odd chance to chat to the TV when I didn't agree with the marks :) )

Any platform that encourages getting dogs out of rescue centres and into homes can't be all bad :)

Another strange one here then.

By far the best dog show on TV at present, if you look behind the facade. (Not much competition, admittedly.)

As you say, some very good points made.

Of course it's not perfect.

TPT - well, what can I add?

The other presenter - nonentity.

Donelda Guy. Never liked her but she actually seemed quite human on this.

Brendan Cole - on the whole quite sensible.

Steve Mann - brilliant.

Jim made me :mecry: :mecry: , but then I love loony lurchers.

A programme that just deals with the nitty gritty of dog training is going to be pretty boring to the majority of potential viewers. You need an entertainment angle to pull in the punters so you can get the message across. Far rather this sort of entertainment than the Dog Borstal type.

Pam

I loved the way that the dogs were running around not doing what they were supposed to and the response was 'oh well he's having fun' :biggrin: And severa comments were made about training and you 'get out what you put in'. I agree that its good to use the 'entertainment' angle to get the message across and also teaching the public do's and dont's, ie when the comedian was 'dancing' with Jim and holding his paws :rolleyes: Anything that educates the masses and gives us a laugh is fine by me :biggrin: