UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Residents And Guests Of The Four Legged Variety

Paul

For Mrs Squiggs, some pics from this year.

This is the pool just after we finished filling it, it's been landscaped a bit more now, the pool is 18x11x5, plenty enough for me to float about on on my lilo :biggrin:

pool_ref.jpg

I've not got any recent ones of the Bob dog but here's one of him studying technique from the flyball at this years Crufts.

bob_flyball_ref.jpg

Meg, last Sunday after spending the day at the trailie show

meg_trailieday_ref.jpg

This was our very first foster, a real sweetie called Brinley, he was only with us for a couple of weeks before heading off to London.

brinley_ref.jpg

Next along was Zack, he's grown into a beautiful lurcher and lives in leafy Surrey.

zack_ref.jpg

This is Molly, she's a real scruff but adorable, she had this funny thing of frothing at the mouth in the car although she was quite happy to jump in it so I don't think it was nerves. I very nearly failed with Molly :rolleyes:

molly_mat_small.jpg

Finally there was Mitch, this was the hardest foster we did, it was soon apparent after his arrival that he was deaf. It started quite well and we were teaching him sign language but about a week in he started shadow chasing and it soon got out of hand. In the end we had to admit defeat, the hours we spent away in the morning meant he retreated into his silent chasing world even more but he was found a place at the Blue Cross and I'm pleased to say after a lot of hardwork he is finally up for rehoming. This pic was taken a few days after he arrived, he would lay like this for hours and would fall asleep hanging over my legs :wub:

mitchonlap_ref.jpg

Not exactly a foster but Bert the lamb here was with us for a few days back in the spring. One afternoon I was walking the dogs up river and Meg started sniffing at something on the ground. Bert was cold, covered in mud and poo and tbh I thought he was dead. The flock were about half a mile away and it was obvious he had been left for dead so he ended up inside my fleece for the journey home. After a few quick phone calls a lady who sells animal feed offered me some colostrum and a teat and we ended up feeding him from a fosters bottle :laugh: The local large animal practise vet offered to take a look at him and ended up cleaning a wound, stitching it and giving him a shot of antiBs, all FOC and after meeting us at his practise at 8pm on a Saturday! Anyway, by the Monday PM he was starting to stand and we ended up calling the RSPCA for some advise. It got a bit more interesting then because they knew the farmer (not good) and decided it wouldn't be a good idea to send Bert back to him. The only problem was they weren't sure if they could collect him as we'd moved him without a licence! oops, anyway, after explaining things to Defra they were given permission to collect him and he went to stay on a small holding over near Crawley.

bert_ref.jpg

Hi Alex :biggrin: According to Bob the pool is very big and scary and if anyone is in it the best thing to do is run away and watch from the back room :rolleyes: This is the same dog that you can't keep out of the sea or river, aren't collies meant to be intelligent? Meg doesn't 'do' water, I guess they didn't have much of it on the fells of Cumbria :laugh:

Hello Paul :wavey:

Tis lovely to hear from you and see pics of your lovely dogs and fosters :flowers:

The Merledogs are very jealous of the pool, especially Milly who would be jumping in every few minutes if she could.

Today, we have mostly been doing nuffink.

deadmeg.jpg

closeupbob.jpg

bothbypool.jpg

And this is me noo barfroom, it used to be very blue with gold taps and paper'd walls and it had a big window at the end but that had to go for the shower.

bathroom1.jpg

bathroom2.jpg

(please note in this one the loo seat in the correct position :D )