UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lodger Dilemma

ClazUK

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

* I know that my spelling of weather is wrong but I sooooooo don't know how to spell the other weather thats not actually weather related

You mean whether the weather is wet or fine? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BTW On the lodger issue I'd go for A! He sounds hunky! :rolleyes:

I'd take both. The spare cash will be handy and if it doesnt work out - you're the boss, one or both go. Up until last year I have house shared for the past 8yrs! And you get used to it. As long as you have your ground rules, your own space and not start out too friendly ie: spending all your spare time together etc (as once habits have started its hard to break and say when you really want privacy!) then it can work just fine.

Id go for the one who remembers to shut the garden gate and who knows how to go in an out the front door, remembering there are dogs in the house and not just popping to the car leaving the door wide open!!

Other than that - Id go for the eye candy :flowers:

You lot are sooooooo predictable:

Is the Polish guy really hunky :unsure:
Personally i'd go for the good looking one and the webcam in the shower :biggrin:
On the lodger issue I'd go for A! He sounds hunky! :rolleyes:

Shall I explain to my new lodger that it is necessary to get a photo of him in his rent book, for ID purposes, but it needs to be done in his boxers to extend the field of identification?

On a more serious note, these two posts really struck a chord:

In some ways, it's easier to get on with your own life if there are more people around. One lodger and you might just feel a bit weird at times... :unsure:
my son had lodgers in his house when he was with his partner and said that two was easier than one.

I do feel there might be an aspect of feeling I need to be around more for one. It might be a bit 'intense'. With two they can talk about motorbikes and cars and travel (I know they have this much in common) and maybe how awful their landlady is.

My plans changed a bit yesterday. My old company offered me my old split-shifts back, starting Tuesday. This is 9-1 and 4-7.30, great for the dogs. However they are changing the opening hours of the call centre in October as the client doesn't want to stay open so late. Then my split shifts won't be available. They have, however, said they'd look at the possibility of part time once I re-start with them next week. I can't afford to do 9-5 because of the dogs, so I will need to find part time elsewhere if my old employer can't be flexible.

Last night I offered the big room to A and warned him it might be 3 of us during the week. He accepted and is moving in late September. This morning I spoke to M about the small room (which I foolishly didn't bother to show him) and he's coming by tonight to talk about the logistics and to take a look.

Thank you for all the input. I'm going to take Bank, Landlord and Job references for them both, have a security deposit and contracts and legal notification periods. BC, I've spoken to a mate who is an accountant and he is going to go my tax returns for me. You are right I need to pay tax on anything over £4250. I'll do it all legally and properly, don't worry :flowers:

BC, I've spoken to a mate who is an accountant and he is going to go my tax returns for me. You are right I need to pay tax on anything over £4250. I'll do it all legally and properly, don't worry :flowers:

just didn't want the tax man to take all your extra bit and make it not worth it. :flowers: oh another thing, lodgers usually have no rights whatsoever so try and word the agreements in a way that protects you but doesn't give them extra rights.