UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Spreading The Word.

GoldenOldie

This afternoon I had a flat tyre (large nail) and had to get the rescue service out to change it for me. The mechanic saw my Oldies Club sticker in the window and asked me about it as he has 2 oldies, both rescues, and is keen to have another. We chatted for ages about his dogs and my precious oldies and hopefully he will use the website.

I usually promote the oldies by word of mouth or posters so it goes to show how interest can come in the most unlikely way! My interest in animals was also apparent as the boot of my car was heaped with 3 sacks of used cat litter on it's way to the tip so the car wasn't very fragrant!

I keep promoting Guiness and Scooter as I would love to have them and they would totally fit into my life (cats, dogs, grandchildren) but haven't got enough space at present and my old bitch has developed more mammary tumours.

Sally

Thank you Sally - promoting the Oldies while having your tyre changed is over and above the call of duty! :laugh:

We've had a few enquiries as a result of people seeing car stickers in peoples' windows, so they obviously do get noticed.

:laugh: I have stickers all over my car and caravan and carry my Oldies Bag whenever I can. I was even chatting to the dustman the other day and his mum wants an older dog so he is going to show her whats on offer .................and she loves poodles. So fingers crossed. x :)