UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Perscription Diets!

red-devil0602

When i got Reilly he was on Hill's k/d which is around £50 for 14kg for his kidney damage, after searching the internet i have found that Purina have started making perscription diets too and is only £36 for 14kg :ohmy: I printed everything off and showed it too my vet and he said its perfect for Reilly, he even admited that theirs is over priced and that he may start recommending this purina one instead :flowers:

Just thought i would let everybody know who has their dog on a perscription diet as they do it for all sorts not just kidneys :biggrin:

I used to get the Hills for Casey (she went to the Bridge a couple of weeks ago :( ) for the treatment of Struvite crystals. They're only supposed to be on it for 6 months but when we got her we tried her on other stuff but the crystals came back very quickly so she was on it for life. (Bit naughty really because we agreed to adopt her and only when we went to collect her did they tell us about the special - and expensive - diet! Didn't make any difference to us but it could have been a big factor!)

I found the Purina stuff too and not only was it a bit cheaper, it also gave her a change because she was soooo bored with eating just one thing.

I got mine online from Bestpet pharmacy. You don't need a prescription. Delivery is expensive but if you make the order over £60 you get free delivery. And it came very quickly too.

Diane

How can it be a prescription diet if you don't need a prescription? I would have thought that if it contained similar stuff to the hills and royal canin prescription diets it shouldn't be available to everyone over the net unless it comes with a prescription?

How can it be a prescription diet if you don't need a prescription? I would have thought that if it contained similar stuff to the hills and royal canin prescription diets it shouldn't be available to everyone over the net unless it comes with a prescription?

Hills and Royal Canin prescription diets are available on the internet. I think they perhaps mean prescribed as in recommended, rather than prescription only :flowers: :flowers: