UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ebay

Peachy

I haven't really used eBay much and I need some help :rolleyes:

We're going to a wedding on Saturday. It's one of those events you could do with missing and only wished you could. The bride and groom speak to each other in a way that is just horrible, they are both like spoilt children and appear to be getting married because it's exactly the opposite of what they should be doing. They only ever take, they never give. The wedding is the most ill-planned occasion with every penny coming from their not-so-affluent parents. I strongly object when they put nothing in and then have the cheek to ask for money from everyone attending :unsure:

I just know any other gifts will be put on eBay to recoup that cash they seem so intent on making. These two are not hard up so please don't feel sorry for them. They replace mobile phones, cars, motorbikes and gadgets like they're going out of fashion...but at the expense of claiming everything on their insurance policies and pushing premiums up for the rest of us :mad:

I would love to be able to see our gifts to them on eBay because we all know it's going to happen. They think we're all ignorant to their ways but it'd be good to have proof when it happens.

So, after all that ranting :rolleyes: is there a way to search for someone's listings when you don't know their eBay username?

Edited so it would make sense.

Edited by Peachy

I don't think so but if you know where they live and what they're likely to sell you can search for those items within X amount of miles of their postcode :wink: Once you've found something that might be theirs you can then check the other listings they've got ie bales of towels, toasters, wine coolers etc etc etc :laugh:

I'm not sure how you find a user on there - but you could get them something unique and not too expensive and then search by item description and hopefully it will be easy to find?

I think I'd have had something else to do that day, like cutting my toe nails :huh:

Can't help with ebay thing but if you have to go, I'd buy a charity gift for them...they couldn't possibly complain on the day cos that would make them look like selfish idiots (which they do sound like anyway), and you can sleep safe knowing your money has at least gone to good cause!! :wink:

Oooh, I know what'll pizz 'em off - get them a lovely 'personalised' present - that way they won't be able to sell it easily :wink:

:banghead: Oooooh, I wish I'd thought of that!! We've got their presents already and put about as much thought into it as they have for their wedding :rolleyes:

Yes, unfortunately we have to go. It's Steve's brother. Nobody wants to go, probably the bride and groom as well!

The ceremony is at 11.15am at the ex-servicemans club. First, her friends were doing sausage rolls and vol-au-vonts for the wedding breakfast. Last week we heard they're now ordering a curry from over the road. They haven't asked for dietary requirements so I have a feeling I may be nipping out to Subway. After the excitement of curry, we all have to hang around until the evening guests arrive at 7.30pm. There are no plans for the middle of the day because they said people will just have to do their own thing.

Oh, but the best bit is that Steve's mum has made the cake for them but she's 'fed' it a bit too much. Two bottles of brandy to be precise :laugh: They'll be falling about all over the place!

What a day to remember. We'll be sure to take photos :laugh:

i recommend doing the service, grabbing a bite to eat afterwards and make sure you talk to lots of people so you were seen. then nip home to let the dogs out and fall asleep and miss the evening bit. It has worked for me several times in the past. :laugh:

Can't help with ebay thing but if you have to go, I'd buy a charity gift for them...they couldn't possibly complain on the day cos that would make them look like selfish idiots (which they do sound like anyway), and you can sleep safe knowing your money has at least gone to good cause!! :wink:

Brilliant idea - They cannot sell that on ebay or anywhere else.

i recommend doing the service, grabbing a bite to eat afterwards and make sure you talk to lots of people so you were seen. then nip home to let the dogs out and fall asleep and miss the evening bit. It has worked for me several times in the past. :laugh:

I have done this a few times myself. :)

Edited by Kathyw