UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Kiera Does Agility!

BillyMalc

Kiera flew tonight!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::wub::wub:

It really felt like she's now getting the hang of it, by the time we got to the riding place she was stood up and her tail was wagging, and when it was 'our turn' she needed a mad 10 seconds or so, when she had to chase her tail before calming down and focussing on what was going on. She was more reluctant on the seesaw today (finding out that it actually moves! :ohmy:) and tried to get away with crawling underneath the tyre at first, but once she got to the equipment she was more comfortable with she just flew, and I really had to leg it just to keep up with her! We were so enthusiastic that we completely floored a jump - including wings! - and we had to do the walk on and the A frame again because she charged up and jumped off at the end, without waiting on the contact. Note to self: bring treat in front of Kiera nose to standstill sooner and with a bit more preparation, such as "easy now!"

She'd not done the soft tunnel for ages, but she just dived into eat, eager to get to her treat on the otehr side, bless her :wub: She really was great though, and best of all, I'm sure she enjoys it! :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

Not updated this for weeks! We'd not been for a few weeks, either because we couldn't make it or it wasn't on due to comps everywhere in the country. Anyway, a bit of a hesitant and slow start last week, but yesterday she just flew! :biggrin:

The secret now seems to be in holding her tennis ball to guide her rather than a piece of sausage (although there is always sausage, particularly useful while teaching her to weave! :wink:). She just does right turns nowwithout problems and the few times that she didn't do it right it was very obviously my fault for not guiding her correctly - except for the tyre; she still thinks that it's much better squeezing underneath than jumping through! :rolleyes: :laugh:

She's really picking up speed now too, I so have to work on my sprinting abilities to keep up with her! Oh well, what better excuse is there to get fit again! :)

I luffs my wee girl! :wub: :wub:

Edited by BillyMalc