UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bum Wibble

Alison

Sol's got a minor bulge or swelling which has developed very slowly - almost imperceptibly - over the last 6 weeks. Nobody but Mrs Paranoid would even have noticed it. His Dad (official owner) still can't see it and neither can anyone else. I just know instinctively that something isn't right so I've booked him for a vet visit on Monday evening. I don't think it's an emergency or I'd have whipped him down to Chine House Veterinary Hospital immediately I noticed it. Having said that, I'm glad that I could get an appointment with my preferred vet on Monday rather than having to wait until Thursday for example. Not an emergency in my opinion but something that needs looking at sooner rather than later.

Sorry to be graphic (I have photos, of course :wacko: ) but it's a slight "bagginess" of the flesh to the right of his rectum. I experienced this with my Weimaraner and it was found to be caused by an abscess on his prostate.

Sol's not having any "toilet" trouble; his stools are regular and uniform, bladder function normal. No change in diet or digestion.

If anyone has any clues that would be great. If not, could you send some "nothing nasty just a small but deep thorn in yer ginga bum" thoughts for Sol please? Reiki for both Sol's bottom and my mental state would be very much appreciated :flowers:

I appreciate that I come over as very shallow and jokey on The Refuge but seriously, I am more profound than that and love Sol more dearly than I could ever say.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do not come across as shallow you twerp but as a lufferly caring lady, maybe a tad eccentric but I for one luffs you for it :GroupHug:

Can't offer any thoughts on the lump but am thinking "nothing nasty just a small but deep thorn in yer ginga bum" for Sol :GroupHug: :wub:

Marion

You do not come across as shallow you twerp but as a lufferly caring lady, maybe a tad eccentric but I for one luffs you for it :GroupHug:

Can't offer any thoughts on the lump but am thinking "nothing nasty just a small but deep thorn in yer ginga bum" for Sol :GroupHug: :wub:

Marion

Wot she said :flowers:

Best of luck at the vets :GroupHug:

Marion

wot she said :flowers:

Thanks to everyone for their kind and healing thoughts - they've helped enormously and I'm extremely grateful :flowers:

Sol's diagnosis is a perineal hernia, so whilst he's still got to have surgery it could have been for something so much more serious. I've got to ring tomorrow to book him in on a date some time this month when the rectal surgeon is free.

I'm every vet's nightmare in terms of wanting to know everything so if anyone would like to know the latest in terms of research etc. on bum bulges, I'm your woman!