UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Loss Of A Handsome Collie

dirtychicken

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all so much for the kind wishes :flowers: The shared memories mean so very much :mecry: Yesterday was a day of laughter and tears as I spoke to different people. He was such a very special boy :wub:

We seem to be doing slightly better today - I've only cried 20 or so times. Waking up this morning to just 1 waggy dog was almost more than I could take, but I was lucky to have a good friend at the end of the phone :flowers: There's been a lot of awful First moments throughout the day and I'm not looking forward to all those that follow :mecry: but already I've been reminded of how funny and cheeky and noble and rude :blush: my big fat collie was and that's helping to get through the awfulness of being without him :wub:

I hope you were enjoying the sunshine on a very special beach today, my darling boy :wub: I wish you could have been with us to visit Dolly and Sir Henry the way you were meant to be, but I understand Wendy's other labs wanted your company more. Flora is missing you lots and doesn't quite know how to deal with things without you at her side or covering her back, but she's trying :wub: Thanks to you and your wonderfully calm example, she has become a (mostly!) very sensible girl who is trying her best to fill your shoes. I have no way of explaining to her that it's just not possible :mecry: Sleep well, handsome :wub: