UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

New To The Refuge

GoldenOldie

Hi! I'm Sally; new to transporting for the Oldies Club but have over 30 years of involvement in animal welfare under my belt.

I retired from full time employment in November 2006 and now work part time , some of which is from home so I have lots of time with my menagerie. When I retired I had just 1 elderly collie x (now sadly gone) and 5 cats, having lost 2 of my beloved oldies that year, a long haired dachs. and a border terrier x, all rescues. My family were going to get me a dachs. pup as for years all my animals had been arriving on the basis of 'can you take', have you room for','noone else wants' from my vet, kennels, cattery etc. They thought it would be nice for me to choose a dog for a change. My dachs. puppy morphed into a 12 year old, 53 kg. labrador with a variety of lumps and bumps, severe arthritis and a wheeze like an old engine! 17 months. later and he is a bit slimmer,still 'bumpy and lumpy' but with a fair old turn of speed if he wants to play with the grandchildren or another dog.

Menagerie now consists of :

Winston - lab. -13

Tammy - lab. -11

Esther - cat 15

Owly - cat -16+

Jess - cat 8

Sophie - cat -4

Oliver - cat -3

5 Giant African Land Snails - looking for homes if anyone is interested.

Extended family includes 6 dogs, 4 of which live in France and a cat.

Really enjoying the dog rescue forums and having the time to enjoy them and to be of use supporting the Oldies Club.

Sally.

Hi Sally,

I think we met the other day when transporting the beautiful Bailey :wub: . Seems we were all newbies together on that run, even foster mom Nikki - but we all got him there in one piece!

You might want to consider coming along to The Oldies weekend camp in June (see the thread in General Chat), you can bring some of your menagerie with you and meet some of the fun loving 'human menagerie' from The Oldies Club. Hope you can join us.

Kate :flowers:

Hi Sally,

I think we met the other day when transporting the beautiful Bailey :wub: . Seems we were all newbies together on that run, even foster mom Nikki - but we all got him there in one piece!

You might want to consider coming along to The Oldies weekend camp in June (see the thread in General Chat), you can bring some of your menagerie with you and meet some of the fun loving 'human menagerie' from The Oldies Club. Hope you can join us.

Kate :flowers:

Kate, I am thinking of joining the weekend camp and would also like to help out at the Staffordshire County show on the stall or wherever I can be of use.

My only slight problem is that I am going to have 2 knee replacements because of arthritis at some point which means I can't stand for very long periods or walk very fast - makes me sound like an old crock but I'm really not! I drive, walk the dogs etc. etc. Any accommodation over the weekend would sadly not include camping as my camping days are over! Any ideas - are there going to be static caravans available, will gladly book now.

Isn't it good to hear how the lovely Bailey has settled.

Sally.

I agree :laugh:

I'm new to getting pics on the website so am waiting for daughter or son in law to help out

Sally!