UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Poundie Chat

sparkle

I look in the rescue/poundie section, only to get depressed because I am unable to help and their little face just pull at my heart strings. I feel joy :biggrin: when their new/old owners turn up to take them home and sadness :mecry: at the ones that are still waiting.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally try to avoid looking at the poundie lists, knowing i cant help with fostering or offering home.

But thank you to RDR for getting my baby out (He isnt my baby anymore but he was the best dog i have ever met!! and his new mum agrees with me there)

l_14c427eecfb1d7268ca81d869d98700f.jpg

l_87a47c7162ef5ca838f60567cfc04921.jpg

Is that Higgins? Please tell me he finally found a home :biggrin:

Is that Higgins? Please tell me he finally found a home :biggrin:

Yes thats Higgins and yes he finally found a home. It wasnt with me :mecry: but a lovely lovely woman named Carol snatched him from me!! He is a very happy boy and is actually intelligant!!He knows his left, right, roll over, close door and can count to 10 in cantonese (Carol says the number and he relays it back to her, its hilarious!)

His new mummy is a health care professional in cardiff and likes to spoil her little man :biggrin: :biggrin:

There is a way that some may be able to help, from April I will be running a monthly quiz to help raise funds for these dogs. The photo competition has finished. The winner will get a rosette and the £1 entry fee to enter should cover the cost of the rosette and postage, but as I am paying for all the rosettes and postage, all the money goes to help keep these dogs in kennels and any vet fees that are needed.

The rosettes are very simple but nice, and you can have fun with the competion. These competitions are not just answering questions put up on the board, sometimes you will need to go out and about to find what is being looked for. You could join up with other members to search for these items and have even more fun. :biggrin:

The money we raiseed for the Auction was wonderful, far more than we expected but with 10 dogs in boarding, £40 per day to keep them there as well as vaccinations, neutering, chipping etc, it didn't last long.

Yes thats Higgins and yes he finally found a home. It wasnt with me :mecry: but a lovely lovely woman named Carol snatched him from me!! He is a very happy boy and is actually intelligant!!He knows his left, right, roll over, close door and can count to 10 in cantonese (Carol says the number and he relays it back to her, its hilarious!)

His new mummy is a health care professional in cardiff and likes to spoil her little man :biggrin: :biggrin:

:biggrin: :biggrin: I knew that he had been homed but I didn't know all that............thank you :flowers:

Taken off RDR site, written by Bernie:

Took this lovely lad to vet this AM and what a placid lad he is. Once in his crate which was a rather tight fit for him, sorry Eddie (Ernie) he just curled up till we arrived.

Ooops,

Sorry at the vet he's now known as Eddie, senior moment when remembering his name, even though I checked on web before I left .

He's a grand old lad, so calm, waggy tailed and walks lovely on the lead and waits till loop slips over his head before he comes out of the car. Had to lift him in though as I don't think he could have jumped into crate on his own, and he's heavier than I expected. Good with other dogs while waiting, just laid down. Not a problem when being examined, but could either be very hungry or a bin raider. He tipped the bin over underneath the exam table to have a forage. On Rimadyl and antibiotics 1 each twice daily, tumours can be removed with cryosurgery, no anaesthetic needed. Afraid I also put Eddie on his med bottles, so sack me pleez!!!!!!!. He also needs a good bath and groom.

He's a lovely steady lad and I'm wondering if he could possibly have been an outside dog. All he wants is a calm quiet home with regular walkies and a soft bed to lie on and lots of cuddles. He's lovely.

Ernie. (Eddie)

308538887.jpg

Oh wow I had a soft spot for Higgins. So pleased he's done so well for himself bless him. :wub: Eddie what a sweetheart. I would be tempted to take him in on foster but couldn't lift him to bathe him and my Viz would be too much for him by the sounds of it. Hope something is sorted for him very soon. :wub:

Millie the Akita Cross puppy was taken to our vets on the morning of Wednesday 12th March after being sick a few times and after a nights stay in our vets she seemed to perk up. Unfortunately today (Friday) she started to vomit again. All the symptoms pointed to a blockage and she was operated on immediately. A large piece of rubber similar to a baby's bottle teat was found stuck where her stomach meets her intestine but unfortunately it had ruptured her intestine. The vets have done what they can for her and she will stay under their watchful eye for at least couple of days. Please keep your fingers crossed for the lovely Millie as it's touch and go as to whether she will recover :(

Here is what was removed:

Dummy2.jpg

Dummy1.jpg