UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Recommend Kennels In Leicestershire

Dawn4

Hi

Apologies cos I've not posted on here in ages,but can anyone recommend boarding kennels in Leicestershire that could ideally keep all my 4 together!! Eldest son was going to dog sit but is now going away the same week as us!!

Thanks

Hiya Dawn,

How're you doing - very long time no see! I could whole heartedly recommend Tomlinsons Kennels at Markfield. Not sure on the kennel sizes though, so you'd have to give them a ring, but they're brill.

Hows the gorgeous Finn and the others?

Sarah (with skitty Ruby and a couple of new ones you wouldn't know) :laugh:

We used Tomlinsons a few years ago, weren't overly happy with them and found them very expensive, perhaps they are better now though Sarah.

We were recommended a new kennel in Whitwick (near Coalville) called Glebe Von Wood. Caleb & Rudy are going in their 2 nights in Feb. Lady sounds very good and she is even prepared to give them thier BARF food! web addy is www.glebevonwood.co.uk (mods, please remove web address if not allowed)

WOW hi Sarah!!!!!

We are all fine thanks.Yes I know it's ben way too long.....life got kind of manic,though I have been and lurked sometimes!!!!The georgeous Finn is fine though he's just getting over a dental. He had 17 teeth removed which was a shock as we only thought he needed 3 out :( .But in true Finn style he has milked it for all the sympathy he could. Hows Ruby and the newbies ?

Thanks for the recommendation.

Alison...yesss pleeeease could you report back...............God it's so hard putting them in kennels without Claz :(

Thanks Brenda for the linky am going to check it out.

We used Tomlinsons a few years ago, weren't overly happy with them and found them very expensive, perhaps they are better now though Sarah.

We were recommended a new kennel in Whitwick (near Coalville) called Glebe Von Wood. Caleb & Rudy are going in their 2 nights in Feb. Lady sounds very good and she is even prepared to give them thier BARF food! web addy is www.glebevonwood.co.uk (mods, please remove web address if not allowed)

Tomlinsons have changed hands since then and the new owners are great. Really, really can recommend them. They are quite expensive, but I think you pay for what you get.

The Coalville one, I'm afraid I've heard not so good reports about. Can't comment from a personal point of view, but a good friend has heard bad things. :(

I think Ruby is due a dental too Dawn :unsure: Poor Finn. She is fine other than that and loves life in general! Still gets scared when meeting new people for the first time, but is getting better about it. The other 2 are a Greyhound from White Lodge called Morty (gorgeous Blue boy with white spots) and Annie a lurcher from Freshfields who is an oldie, but still thinks she is about 2.

Give me a few months Dawn and i'll hopefully have my own kennels and you'd be welcome to board your lot anytime! :wub:

• 3 weeks later...
The RGT recently approved White Lodge as a branch and I'm going on Saturday to start volunteering again.

I'll poke my nose around the boarding facilities while I'm there and report back.

I've been there several times now and am pleased to report that my findings are positive :thumbsup_anim:

A former WL client came while I was there on Saturday to check the place out now that it's under new ownership and booked her dog in without hesitation.

I haven't a clue what the charges are but can find out for you. :flowers:

Pleased Tomlinsons is much better now Sarah. We definitely boarded our two there before the change of ownership. I agree, you get what you pay for :) Caleb & Rudy went to Glebe Von Wood over the week-end and I have to say that overal I was impressed. One of the teachers at school uses them for her GSD and recommended them. They have a large menage for the dogs to have a good off lead run, and both boys came back knackered! They fed the boys raw food at my request. The kennels were clean and warm and I was given the daily record sheet which said if they had eaten their dinner, cleanliness of kennel, etc. Only downside was that they seemed to have very young girls working there, the first one who booked us in didn't seem to have a clue what she was doing. I would be interested in why your friend didn't like them though.