UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

People Who 'enjoy' Christmas

Peachy

We might be Bah Humbugs but, IMHO, that's better than saying you enjoy Christmas and then spending the whole time falling out with people about who's going to be where for Christmas dinner, who let who down and why such-n-such got them such a under-rated gift. I hereby introduce many people I know who seem to think they 'enjoy' the Christmas season.

Firstly, as already mentioned in today's RMF, my Mum has been on the phone to me this morning, moaning about the gift my Dad has bought for her. Shamelessly copied and pasted from RMF...She knows he's gone to a lot of hassle trying to get something that was quite pricey for her and she said to me that it had better be something she really wants otherwise she would have been happy with a nice necklace (she wouldn't!). It's a digital camcorder. She'll just give up on it as soon as she's given it and I guarantee she'll say she doesn't know how to use it (and can't be bothered/hasn't got time to read the manual). I bit my tongue instead of asking if she was sure my Dad couldn't live another year without a Nintendo DS :huh:

Secondly, my OH. Soon to be ex-OH at this rate. He's been a miserable bugger all week and the other day told me that he thinks my (hint there) house should have a tree up and proceeded to tell me it's all about compromise (what, how I have my house?). I just laughed. I couldn't begin to take him seriously. He is temporarily staying with his Dad so I asked if he'd put a tree up there. His response? No, because it's a mess and it shouldn't be down to him to tidy up first. Silly me, I thought it was all about compromise. I'm still chuckling about it because I think it's such a silly argument to try to have with me when I couldn't care less what he thinks I should do in the way of a tree....except put one up somewhere else :devil:

So who else knows people who 'enjoy' the season of goodwill? Please tell me I'm not alone.