UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A New Road Sign In The Village

tegk68

we went past a brilliant one the other day by chester.......had to go and take a pic of it....shall try loading it......... 'welcome to our village ....go slow.......vicar's cross'

brilliant....

also friend found this one in africa on recent trip

n508044937_116668_848.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the one somewhere in Herts that says "Secret Government Nuclear Bunker This Way" with an arrow pointing. :laugh: x

I like that one :biggrin:

I like as well signs saying "strictly now parking". Always wondering what is the difference to normal "no parking"???

When I go to my Agility class I pass by a sign saying "crossing golfer and horses". Always wondering if that is a genetic project and what will be the outcome? Gorses??? :biggrin:

Years ago when someone stole the sign pointing to our Devon village :wacko: , some other helpful person carefully made a beautifully accurate replica sign and put it up on the signpost (it was the sort of signpost where the pointing bits just slide in).

It was there for about a year before the council noticed it. It said "Wherethehellarewe"

:biglaugh:

I love the one somewhere in Herts that says "Secret Government Nuclear Bunker This Way" with an arrow pointing. :laugh: x

more :biglaugh:

Great thread :biggrin:

edited to add it reminds me that we have some pretty weird looking horse signs and little men shagging camels... will get some pic's.

Edited by Xandra

sign-1.jpg

But surely it shouldn't say "Give Way 200 yds" it should say "Stop in the Name of Love" :unsure:

Definitely! :biglaugh:

funny_road_signs_009.jpg

logo.jpg

:bigzoro: Your road sign rather reminded me of the Sandeman's Port Logo Annie. I notice that in an attempt to shrug off their old fashioned image they've sexed up a bit lately and their motto thingy is "Famous For Pleasure" :wacko: So if I see this sign should I be aware that I'm entering vampire territory, worry about the prospect of exhibitionists (or grab my specs so I won't miss one :laugh: ) or just prepare myself for Famous Pleasure and maybe a glass of port as well? :unsure:

Edited by Alison

Years ago when someone stole the sign pointing to our Devon village :wacko: , some other helpful person carefully made a beautifully accurate replica sign and put it up on the signpost (it was the sort of signpost where the pointing bits just slide in).

It was there for about a year before the council noticed it. It said "Wherethehellarewe"

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

• 3 months later...

HolwellRoadSign.jpg

The Danger Zone covers many acres which sheep graze and they obviously don't stick to the roads (although I think it's obvious, I've asked them just in case. I was right - they don't).

Do farm animals just find themselves randomly propelled into newly formed 50' craters I wonder? :unsure:

I've been walking and riding here regularly for 30 odd years and never yet found the promised sign that tells me where the zone ends :wacko:

Edited to say that I've been dying to witness the appearance of one of these holes - not involving animals of course - but nothing. I feel quite cheated :laugh:

Edited by Alison